mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Aggressive All Mountain in MI

I live in Ann Arbor and ride an All Mountain 29er. I've put together some of my own trail sections that nobody else rides. Some of it is very aggressive and technical. I use every bit of the travel on my Stumpy FSR 29er. I'm tired of riding by myself and not sharing my little trail with someone who can enjoy it. I tried to take a few friends on a ride but they say it's too hard, they don't enjoy it at all. The stuff I ride has lots of trees down, heavy roots and rocks, drops and some good climbs. I can ride it all without getting off the bike. As long as your clipped in and know how to bunny hop the front wheel and then the back wheel you can ride it all.

I'm looking for some guys or girls who can ride some of this stuff and enjoy it. I don't want to give it up where it is unless you ride it with me. I will tell you it is very close to 23 and Washtenaw area but that is all I will say for now. It can be connected with all the other stuff in Ann Arbor to make an all day epic if so desired. I just want someone else to tell me what they think of it and possibly help do some trail maintenance in the future.

If you think you might want to check it out drop me a PM and we can try to schedule a ride that will blow your mind. I often ride during the day or early evening, I'm self employed so I'm very flexible.
    Narrow and rugged is the path that leads to life and few find it.

Hoopy Frod
    Jun 2009
    I'm about 20 minutes from A2 and ride the DH chutes and DJs there once or twice a month in season. Once your trail is ready to ride this spring let me know and I'd love to meet you and test it out for you. Just let me know if I need to bring a bike that can climb... Generally I don't bring a climbable rig to A2.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    The stuff I ride is Not the DH stuff most people ride. It is lots of large trees to jump over, heavy root sections, I've got some 3'-5' rock drops and a few steep climbs. I don't want to take large groups on this stuff because some of it is on private land. I have been building it and maintaining it for about three years and nobody has said anything yet. I just don't want to push my luck. I was out yesterday and the trails have very little mud on them, I walk the realy bad stuff because I don't want to totaly mess them up but I am riding most of it without damage.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    In for the ride and work. If there is good AM stuff a few miles away, I want to be part of it. Pm sent.
    14 S-Works Epic WC
    14 Yeti ARC
    14 S-Works Crux Disc
    15 Echo Carbondale

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    sorry guys -- trying to get my post count up so i can pm or email mojoman

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Hi Grilledcheese, Got your PM and I look forward to meeting you. I would love to get a few guys who are willing to do a little bit of trail maintenance.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    pictures?

Michigan Wolverine
    I pm'd you.

mtbr member
    I ride it with ya. But I'm out of the country until July. When I get back we can meet up.