mtbr member
    Dec 2008

2009 Marquette Mountain Bike Park

The countdown to opening day for the Marquette Mountain Bike Park has begun. Season passes are on sale, $99 until June 15 and $129 after that. Daily Lift tickets will be $25. Schedule is at www.marquettemountain.com and you can also buy season passes online there. Grand Opening is Friday, June 26th and will double as early Superior Bike Fest Downhill practice. See you out there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    See you guys out there, though I'll be on easy rider and bad medicine, lol.

http://www.marquettemountain.com/BigMap.php

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

New Trail In the Works...

We are hashing out the final details of having a true professionally built trail at the Marquette Mountain Bike Park. World Famous Trail Builder Ted Tempany and Quick Stop Bike Shop are working on the final details of a project to bring Flowing Whistler style trails to the Great Lakes Region. The plan is for a trail with flowing berms and rollable features, tabletops, step ups, ect. Ted is responsible for building famous trails all over the world, riding features for bike films like the NWD series and competition venues such as Crankworx, Bike Magazine Monster Park, and Red Bull Rampage the Evolution. He was also featured as a builder in the latest Collective film "SEASONS"

To help pay for the construction, Quick Stop Bike Shop is Raffling off a Gary Fisher Wingra city bike. Perfect for commuting and ripping around town. $5 gets you a ticket and the proceeds go to building something great to ride. You might win a bike and your support will help bring a great riding experience to the region. Ticket is drawn July 10 and winner will be notified by e-mail.

http://quickstopbike.blogspot.com/20...a-for-500.html

ride like you stole it
    Nov 2007
    Could someone clear up the lift schedule. Is it only available on the weekends listed or are those just special event weekends.
    I lubed my disc brakes because they squeaked.
    Man was that fun to work out

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    The weekends listed are the only weekends it is open. The schedule has grown a bit since 2008, especially through Aug and Sept. The summer program has been a bit of a grassroots operation thus far, but it is gaining momentum and looking for expanding the schedule even more for 2010.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I'm heading up to the UP from Chicago for a long 4th of July weekend. I am definitely going to check out the DH here. Will my Cannondale Prophet survive?

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Lifts won't be open that weekend, but the ski area trails are always open to riding. In the hands of a capable rider the Prophet will do just fine.

ride like you stole it
    Nov 2007
    I was wondering what the basis is for the trail rating out there, I'm planning on heading out there next weekend and I was kind of wondering what trails I'll be able to ride. I consider myself a capable single track rider, but I am still a bit of a novice on man-made stunts (mostly jumps).

Do you guys think I'll be able to ride a majority of trails or just the beginner and maybe some intermediate trails?
    I lubed my disc brakes because they squeaked.
    Man was that fun to work out

Thread Killer
    can't wait to get back up there this fall

mqt mountain is amazing, as are the trails leading up the backside

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    carter, I haven't rode this year but did last year. Either side had pretty easy trails without anything too tough or fancy, maybe a nice bridge or something but certainly ridable to most beginner-intermediate level riders.