Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    "El Whatever"

Up-Grade-Itis (UGI)... your worst attack??

So guys...

This thread will be directed to help us with our UGI attacks. Either finding ways to scape from wife or to cure from it... if there is any cure for UGI. NASA scienticists have determinated that UGI is like cancer: It can be controlled, but it can't be cured.

My worst UGI attack was some weeks ago when shortly after buying my fork end of last year, I dropped money on the Switchblade I just got. I was so sick with UGI, that I was just about to pull the trigger on some wheels or a Hadley hub.

Fortunately for my family's good, I JUST got the frame.

So, what has been your worst UGI attack??
    How do you keep yourself from not buying/getting/trading more bike stuff??
    Do you think is there any cure??

Yeah, this thread may be snobish and poseur-istic... so what?
    Check my Site

Villalobos

I'm sick then!

See this thread

At last Love my Juicy 7

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by Villalobos
    See this thread

At last Love my Juicy 7
    Nice bike!!! Yeah, you have definitively UGI.

BTW... there are at least three Turner Homers around here... I'm just gonna pop a beer and enjoy the show, now they know there's an Ellsworth rider hanging around here... this is gonna be funny!!

Did you have any chance to try the Galfer pads alone or did you threw them along with the rotors?

Madaleno is on Juicy's too and he couldn't be any more happy. Stock everything.
    Check my Site

Bike to the Bone...
    My biggest UGI? My moto-lite.

...speaking for now, I'm waiting on a Thomson X4 stem and Easton EA50 OS Monkeybars.....

Now with 3 more inches!
    Either my King ISO, DT Swiss 4.1d, Supercomp wheels or my Turner Burner frame.

moaaar shimz
    Hahahahahaha when you first posted about UGI I thought someone was in the hospital.

UGI is upper gastrointestinal disease...

Hahahaha, well.... i'm harrpy nobody is sick.

Now with 3 more inches!
    Quote Originally Posted by tacubaya
    Hahahahahaha when you first posted about UGI I thought someone was in the hospital.

UGI is upper gastrointestinal disease...

Hahahaha, well.... i'm harrpy nobody is sick.
    Well, the UGI we're talking about is a very serious disease.

locked - time out
    What?

What happen here?

De que estan hablando Willis?

Que alguien me expliiqueee! otra vez

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdog
    Well, the UGI we're talking about is a very serious disease.
    Yeah... especially when you have wife and kids... or when you sell your father's car to finance your new bling bike stuff
    Check my Site

Beep, Beep...
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp2003
    So guys...

This thread will be directed to help us with our UGI attacks. Either finding ways to scape from wife or to cure from it... if there is any cure for UGI. NASA scienticists have determinated that UGI is like cancer: It can be controlled, but it can't be cured.

My worst UGI attack was some weeks ago when shortly after buying my fork end of last year, I dropped money on the Switchblade I just got. I was so sick with UGI, that I was just about to pull the trigger on some wheels or a Hadley hub.

Fortunately for my family's good, I JUST got the frame.

So, what has been your worst UGI attack??
    How do you keep yourself from not buying/getting/trading more bike stuff??
    Do you think is there any cure??

Yeah, this thread may be snobish and poseur-istic... so what?
    Hi Guys,

These are the consequences of my last UGI attack !!!.

Cheers,

Fidel.

Last edited by vizcaino; 02-17-2006 at 02:42 PM.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by vizcaino
    Hi Guys,

These are the consequences of my last UGI attack !!!.

Cheers,

Fidel.
    Now that's serious UGI !!!!

BTW... when are you going to put some serious MTB tires on it?? Why the road tires on it??

I mean, on my Titus you just can't run anything but road tires on the rear... but your Yeti has pleanty of clearance!
    Check my Site

Villalobos
    Nice bike!!! Yeah, you have definitively UGI.

BTW... there are at least three Turner Homers around here... I'm just gonna pop a beer and enjoy the show, now they know there's an Ellsworth rider hanging around here... this is gonna be funny!!

Did you have any chance to try the Galfer pads alone or did you threw them along with the rotors?

Madaleno is on Juicy's too and he couldn't be any more happy. Stock everything.
    I actually dumped the avid rotors and pads, not before trying EBC gold pads at the rear of my bike. I got some noise reduction with the EBCs, but not for long. So I decided to start from square one with the Galfers.

Were do you guys ride?, I normally go to Chiluca, but appears that you ussually go to El Desierto and SNT.

"El Whatever"
    I actually dumped the avid rotors and pads, not before trying EBC gold pads at the rear of my bike. I got some noise reduction with the EBCs, but not for long. So I decided to start from square one with the Galfers.
    Oh, I see... my rotors are rather old, I may give a try to Galfer combo

Were do you guys ride?, I normally go to Chiluca, but appears that you ussually go to El Desierto and SNT.
    We are rather Chiluca regulars... but where do you ride there or at what time? I would remember an Id very well, not like Jekyll's that you can see up to 20 on each ride over there.
    Check my Site

Villalobos
    Oh, I see... my rotors are rather old, I may give a try to Galfer combo

We are rather Chiluca regulars... but where do you ride there or at what time? I would remember an Id very well, not like Jekyll's that you can see up to 20 on each ride over there.

Saturdays or Sundays, late around 9:00 and 10:00, guess you are early birds?. I'm going this Saturday

"El Whatever"
    Saturdays or Sundays, late around 9:00 and 10:00, guess you are early birds?. I'm going this Saturday
    Always sundays... late sawkers who always start riding at 9:00.9:15 the latest.

How haven't we met on trails??
    Check my Site

Villalobos

If wife gives a chance I'll try to go this Sunday (Regulatory Compliance for UGI is mandatory) see you around.

Vizcaino those cranks are really UGI, hard to find and expensive. Guess you are a weightweenie. Where did you get them?

Bike to the Bone...
    Hey Villalobos, this sunday it seems we're going to SNT... It's sort of new for us, so we're searching 4 trails over the Ajusco. Also read the post about a gathering of lost souls. It should be a sticky post. It's going to be like in 2 weeks at SNT! Of course you're more than invited

Bike to the Bone...
    About UGI.... I think that everytime I thought I had finally been cured 4ever, something comes up. Like I said earlier, when I had my Stumpy, I thought that I would ride it for a year or so before doing anything.... 2 weeks later I ordered the Moto Lite....jejejeje

Villalobos
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    Hey Villalobos, this sunday it seems we're going to SNT... It's sort of new for us, so we're searching 4 trails over the Ajusco. Also read the post about a gathering of lost souls. It should be a sticky post. It's going to be like in 2 weeks at SNT! Of course you're more than invited
    Thanks for the invitation!, I think will join for the gathering in March, will keep an eye to that post

Mexican e-rider
    My worst UGI attacks:

1) Turner Flux custom build (I kept it!!! now I need some decent wheels...)
    2) Turner 5 Spot (balls close to comming off)
    3) Fox XTT swap for RS Revelation (she doesn't need to know)
    4) Shimano 959 pedals for both rigs (you can't keep swaping pedals every ride! Can you?)
    5) .... (a$$ in serious danger)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Hell, the Titus Moderator can't pass a cantina without gettin' the shakes"

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by elmadaleno
    My worst UGI attacks:
    2) Turner 5 Spot (balls close to comming off)
    How do you like the XC-300 wheelset?? I'm seriously watching at one of those (a$$ in serious danger)
    Check my Site

Mexican e-rider
    How do you like the XC-300 wheelset?? I'm seriously watching at one of those (a$$ in serious danger)
    Very nice, no bling but relatively light and funcional. The only drawback is that you cant use UST tires on them. I bought a Stan's kit and will be converting them soon with the same tires.

Unfortunately for me I have come down with something of a flu so no riding for me this weekend Wish I could have seen that Titu's christening..

Have fun tomorrow!
    "Hell, the Titus Moderator can't pass a cantina without gettin' the shakes"

Freshly Fujified

OK, here's mine

Hello, my name is Bob, and I have Upgradeitis.

Last year I was browsing the mtbr classifieds to upgrade the EXR Pro on my Warp. (Mind you, the EXR was only a few months old). I found an ad that listed '04 leftover Marzocchi's at a very attractive price. I called the number and the ensuing phone call began my relationship with Jared Johnson of Downshift Cycles. I told him I wanted to buy the Marathon S and slap it on my Warp. By the end of the phone call I had ordered the Marathon fork, the LD 626S frame, and a Pig DH Pro headset. Hey, I deserve it, don't I? I had already purchased a Romic Twin D for the Warp, and it would have fit the Leader, but I had questions regarding long-term reliability, sold it on ebay and got a Fox Vanilla R instead. Of course, what's the point in having a Fox product if it's not PUSH'd, right? Off to PUSH goes my shock. The rest of the build came from the parts I had already upgraded on the Warp.....sort of. This included a handbuilt XT/Rhynolite wheelset, Avid discs and SD 7 levers, Hussefelt cranks, and SRAM X.7 triggers and R/D. I couldn't swap out the SRAM X-Gen front derailluer from the Warp (which was another upgrade from the Alivio it origianlly came with) because it interfered with the suspension linkage, so I bought an XT. The stem and handlebars were generic Giant products, and of course had no place on the new frame so the obvious thing to do was buy the oversized Hussefelt bars and matching stem you had been reading about. Hmmm..while I'm at it, there's probably no need to keep the Weirwolf's from the Warp. Ordered a set of Panaracer Cinders. After all, the Cinders are great for wet, rocky rooty trails, much like the terrain you ride. The WTB saddle from the Warp while comfortable, was just way too pedestrian for my new ride, so buy the nice looking Selle Italia Karve saddle with the embroidered Marzocchi emblem you saw on ebay. What's a new saddle without a new seatpost? Look at the Thomson's....too expensive. Look at the offerings from Titec, see the cool looking Hellbent setback seatpost that matches the S curve in your seat tube, and there's the justification for that purchase. Besides, with a setback seatpost, my weight will be further back on the rear wheel and great for traction while climbing in the saddle, and no need to stick my fat arse over the back of the saddle on descents, etc., etc., etc.

When that build ended, I bought my Ibex RSR-B24. I will spare you the heartache of that UGI tale and just say that the upgrades came as soon as I uncrated the bike, and cost about half again what I paid for it. I do have two very nice bikes though. Isn't that justification enough?

UGI is like drug addiction. The justification is all in your head, and the need for the next fix is very real. Thank goodness for 12 step programs. I've been clean for 8 months now, but I know I will never be cured. I will always be a recovering Upgrade-aholic.

I'll take my seat and let the next addict take the stage.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

Bike to the Bone...
    Actually, I think that the only way to cure an UGI craving is buying a new bike......

Beep, Beep...

If wife gives a chance I'll try to go this Sunday (Regulatory Compliance for UGI is mandatory) see you around.

Vizcaino those cranks are really UGI, hard to find and expensive. Guess you are a weightweenie. Where did you get them?

I bought the cranks from BikeSomeWhere. They are really light and look awesome.

Cheers,

Fidel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast