Dysfuncional Rider
    Nov 2005

Sunday Bloody Sunday

Ok no blood, but another ride up to Esp Santu and down the discovery this time without Warp.....technical difficulties due to using the same method I do to check my bike. I.e have a look as your pushing it out the door.
    We did get the Rocky Hongo, Marin Hongo, the Human GPS, Edgar, Blad the Impaler, Carlos and his ensamble of a few more violinists. (And they certainly can perform)

We took the Terra Rojo via the w ay the Xinte boys used..with a nice steep slide down to the rough red road.
    Pretty uneventful ride to the river crossing where we watch a young man cook his expensive KTM by spinning it´s rear wheel on rocks for probably wee while before we got there. We crossed and rode to the other side and head along the moist trail. Pleasantly overcast day, not too hot. A quick ride to the top and a few beers for energy saw us head down to La Luna and the leafy trail. A short group technical stop and into the trees again..

We took a different route this time avoiding the leg breaker and riding up the dirt road...still tough but at least ridable, a good change.

As we were about to head to the spring, I had some technical troubles..my back wheel fell off. I lost the nut off my quick release axle. I search back to the last arse breaking drop and back again...soon to find it close to the bike, but after finding it wouldn´t tighten (and then getting some help from 3 passing guys..I found the nut was stripped.
    Ah well...got most of the ride done.
    Oscar and then Carlos returned by foot having been waiting down the trail...we tried a few things, but no avail..cable ties could hold the nut on.

So I walked/ran to the guys and then to the the tree river crossing......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by aids; 01-31-2006 at 11:01 AM.

Dysfuncional Rider
    Nov 2005
    Well once again I was the only one to make it..although at least Edgar had a valiant attempt!

Going

Going

Gone

Last edited by aids; 01-31-2006 at 10:59 AM.

Dysfuncional Rider
    Nov 2005
    Well there is a few of the guys, and the view.

Next we headed out to the trail..I kept up pretty well with my wheel held on by some wire instead of the axle as it was the tough uphill, then u at Terra Roja again I slipped back but remained reasonably close to meet the group at the Colosio. Oscar was keen on me to ride with my new axle on the smoother road near the Col, but after a short bit I dicided not to torture my pobricito bici any more.

Well luck was on my side again as a small truck with space for 2 extra bikes took me back to the main carpark. One hell of a sore arse ride on the back of that...(I never thought it could be worse than my saddle, but it was!

The last pics are the human GPS and Blad, and feeding time for some canine that joined us with his master and friends..

locked - time out

Hongo Marin in action on foot

Hey Marin Hongo!

Great story and nice pics!

you must do triathlon

"El Whatever"
    I can't believe I missed the ride!!!

It was nothing but a loose bolt (a very big one but just one). Actually took me like 15min to repair it yesterday, but at 8:00 in the sunday's morning, it was just too late.

Well... next ride, I have a new fork to break in and if everything goes smooth, I'll have a new frame to build up next monday.

Still... I'm pissed at my idiocy for not checking the bike the night before.
    Check my Site

Me hates pinchflat
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp2003
    Well... next ride, I have a new fork to break in and if everything goes smooth, I'll have a new frame to build up next monday.
    What Titus frame are you getting?

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by 545cu4ch
    He's bought a Switchblade... black.. such a nice bike

"El Whatever"

Switchblade '04, 5.75" travel (but I thought that it's really a 5.25") 5th Element Air shock

May be getting it soon... hopefully.
    Check my Site

Me hates pinchflat
    Congratulations on your new bike!
    I cant find it on the titus website though...

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    It is a very good bike. I don't think of it as a predecesor. In a way, it was probably a bigger hit (some versions had up to 5.5" rear travel vs. 5" in the Moto Lite), I think that some angles are a little bit different. Overall, the frame was more expensive than the Moto lite. He's guetting a hell of a good ride...

p.d.--- see, we did it again... thread hijack!!!!

"El Whatever"
    Congratulations on your new bike!
    I cant find it on the titus website though...

It's the model that was superseded by the Motolite. There were several versions of it and many at the same year.

You can see the frame I got here
    Check my Site

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp2003
    It's the model that was superseded by the Motolite. There were several versions of it and many at the same year.
    It is a very good bike. I don't think of it as a predecesor. In a way, it was probably a bigger hit (some versions had up to 5.5" rear travel vs. 5" in the Moto Lite), I think that some angles are a little bit different. Overall, the frame was more expensive than the Moto lite. He's guetting a hell of a good ride...

Dysfuncional Rider
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    p.d.--- see, we did it again... thread hijack!!!!

YEAH!!...wheres the goddamned moderators protecting my thread!!

You freeloaders...what do you think this is...bike chat?