Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,743

    Good job! Shops and Stores - Happy tales

    Hi, raza!!

    We all have a shop we prefer. We all have our favorite stores.

    Let's make everybody know yours and share our good bike shop/store stories.

    Put name of the shop, location, person to contact if possible and why you like that place.

    Happy Trails!
    Check my Site

  2. #2
    Now with 3 more inches!
    Reputation: tigerdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,464
    Larry at www.mtnhighcyclery. Great prices. Lovely shiny things.

    Personally always had good luck with Supergo (though I know others haven`t). My fork and frame are both from there. They made me offers I couldn´t refuse.

    Jenson are always solid. Fast delivery on Rocky_Rene`s fork.

    Who´s best for dealing with Mexico? I have a US credit card, which makes things easier.

  3. #3
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,743
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdog
    Larry at www.mtnhighcyclery. Great prices. Lovely shiny things.

    Personally always had good luck with Supergo (though I know others haven`t). My fork and frame are both from there. They made me offers I couldn´t refuse.

    Jenson are always solid. Fast delivery on Rocky_Rene`s fork.

    Who´s best for dealing with Mexico? I have a US credit card, which makes things easier.
    So, you're back! Or on your way back at least!

    HNY!!!!

    I gotta toss in with Magura... Their CS is superb. Like sponsorship. MaguraUSA deals with Mexico, which is a great advantage.
    Check my Site

  4. #4
    Now with 3 more inches!
    Reputation: tigerdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp2003
    I gotta toss in with Magura... Their CS is superb. Like sponsorship. MaguraUSA deals with Mexico, which is a great advantage.
    Your fork arrived at my sister´s house before I did!

  5. #5
    Bike to the Bone...
    Reputation: rzozaya1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8,291
    If you're mentioning international LBS, Speedgoat is great. At Dallas Bicycles Inc. is pretty good too (I bought my Stumpjumper there).

    In Mexico, Transvision is pretty good, they have good service and good prices. Bike Stop was pretty good too. Viansi Polanco had a good mechanic, but he left and I didn't had a good experience with the new guy, but I don't know how he's working now. I have a good relationship with the guys that work there. The shop that's two houses apart is also good, but expensive.

  6. #6
    Beep, Beep...
    Reputation: vizcaino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp2003
    Hi, raza!!

    We all have a shop we prefer. We all have our favorite stores.

    Let's make everybody know yours and share our good bike shop/store stories.

    Put name of the shop, location, person to contact if possible and why you like that place.

    Happy Trails!
    Speedgoat.com is a very good shop. Good service, soon answers to your questions and fast delivery.
    Bikesomewhere.com is a shop with a very nice customer service as well.
    Webster Bicycle in League, Texas (near Houston) is a very nice shop. People there are very friendly and always happy to help. I have bought some bikes and equipment from them and my shopping experience has been great !!!.
    In Mexico, I buy most of my stuff through Viansi Polanco. Nice shop and friendly people !.

    Best Regards,

    Fidel.

  7. #7
    Me hates pinchflat
    Reputation: 545cu4ch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,419
    I must say that blueskycycling.com has a great CS service. When I got worried cause I did not get the e-mail I should have got when my fork was shipped, I asked them what was happening. Half an hour later I got 4 replies telling me that the package had already arrived at my cousin's house.

    [QUOTE=rzozaya1969]
    In Mexico, Transvision is pretty good, they have good service and good prices. Bike Stop was pretty good too.QUOTE]

    Isn't bikestop still working?

  8. #8
    Bike to the Bone...
    Reputation: rzozaya1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8,291
    [QUOTE=545cu4ch]I must say that blueskycycling.com has a great CS service. When I got worried cause I did not get the e-mail I should have got when my fork was shipped, I asked them what was happening. Half an hour later I got 4 replies telling me that the package had already arrived at my cousin's house.

    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    In Mexico, Transvision is pretty good, they have good service and good prices. Bike Stop was pretty good too.QUOTE]

    Isn't bikestop still working?
    Opps, sorry for the phrasing. I don't know about bike stop. I hope they are working, because that's a place where I want to take my bike for services because I liked their mech work. They dropped the Specialized line, but are handling Iron Horse. I just saw about IH form their web page!

  9. #9
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,743
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    I just saw about IH form their web page!
    You bling 'ho' !!! Isn't a Titus enough?
    Check my Site

  10. #10
    Bike to the Bone...
    Reputation: rzozaya1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp2003
    You bling 'ho' !!! Isn't a Titus enough?
    Naahhh, maybe 2 Titus would be... j/k.. I've spent my bike money for this year on that bike. But I've said that also with my Stumpy, so I don't know.

    What I really would like to do is sell the Stumpy and either buy/beg/steal Tiger's Stumpy HT and built it for the road or get a Giant OCR 2 for road. eeeeek!

  11. #11
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,743
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    Naahhh, maybe 2 Titus would be... j/k.. I've spent my bike money for this year on that bike. But I've said that also with my Stumpy, so I don't know.
    Quote from my wife (when she approved the budget for the fork purchse)... "But you gotta promess me you'll buy no more bike stuff"

    My reply - "Yeah, honey. I'm done for while" (while - undefined period of time comprehending from 1 second to infinite)

    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    What I really would like to do is sell the Stumpy and either buy/beg/steal Tiger's Stumpy HT and built it for the road or get a Giant OCR 2 for road. eeeeek!
    I have an old Benotto road bike collecting dust, pissing off my wife and serving as a towel-holder. Let me know. We're more less same size. It's a nice bike... I'm not joking.
    Check my Site

  12. #12
    Now with 3 more inches!
    Reputation: tigerdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    Opps, sorry for the phrasing. I don't know about bike stop. I hope they are working, because that's a place where I want to take my bike for services because I liked their mech work. They dropped the Specialized line, but are handling Iron Horse. I just saw about IH form their web page!
    What's their web address, and where are they?

  13. #13
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,743
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    Why do women makes us promise things that we can't keep... and then get angry when we break them?
    Yeah... it's a bit... uh... errr... dumb. I had never ever make her promise she would not buy make-up/shoes/clothes/(insert ladies favourite item name here) anymore.
    Check my Site

  14. #14
    Bike to the Bone...
    Reputation: rzozaya1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8,291
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdog
    What's their web address, and where are they?
    Their web address is: www.bikestop.com.mx

    They're at Division del Norte and Tlalpan, a little far but it's a nice shop.

  15. #15
    Bike to the Bone...
    Reputation: rzozaya1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp2003
    Quote from my wife (when she approved the budget for the fork purchse)... "But you gotta promess me you'll buy no more bike stuff"

    My reply - "Yeah, honey. I'm done for while" (while - undefined period of time comprehending from 1 second to infinite)
    Why do women makes us promise things that we can't keep... and then get angry when we break them?

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: arivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    459

    Citibike in La Condesa

    It's the closer I have found, the clerks are nice guys, the repairs have always been on time and carefully done. There is also a Merida shop in "la Napoles" (Chicago st. close to the suburbia) where I took my bike for an anoying and ubiquitous (sp?) creeking sound... One of the shops in Toluca said that it was the bottom braket and that it should be changed... The mechanic at the merida store rode it, put some grease on the seat post and Voila!
    I've heard that the mechanic in Viansi Div. del Norte is good.

  17. #17
    Now with 3 more inches!
    Reputation: tigerdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by arivas
    It's the closer I have found, the clerks are nice guys, the repairs have always been on time and carefully done.
    Is that near LaSalle College, over on Benjamin Franklin or Baja California? If so, they installed a fork for me and did a decent job. Good price, too.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: arivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    459
    Yep, thats the one, they gave me a good price on replaicing my bent derrailleur with an XTR one, not that it was really needed... but you know, shiny stuff, good price.. what was I supposed to do?

  19. #19
    Now with 3 more inches!
    Reputation: tigerdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,464
    Maybe I'll go see them about some brake cables.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    314
    Can someone give me where to contact the magura dist. in Mexico?
    I would like to upgrade my hayes 9 to some Magura`s disc brakes.
    So my baby Kikapu looses some weight.
    Lesson of the month: Don`t run of a cliff on your Mountain Bike. It`s quite painful.

  21. #21
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,743
    Quote Originally Posted by pornstar
    Can someone give me where to contact the magura dist. in Mexico?
    I would like to upgrade my hayes 9 to some Magura`s disc brakes.
    So my baby Kikapu looses some weight.
    Magura is distributed in Mexico by Viansi and Maisterwerk.... but, I would lead you to contact MaguraUSA directly.

    Superb customer service and they deal directly with Mexico (it's their area). Ask for Jimi and tell him I sent ya!

    I own a set of Julies which had a problem recently... Jimi was after my e-mails answering any question for dumb that it would be.

    Then I got my fork (check that thread on the shocks forum)... ordered on a monday afternoon and I requested especifically that I needed it delivered at Dallas for a that week's friday... It got there on the wednesday! Two days before!

    They appreciate honesty... so be honest to them and tell them what your needs and budget. Be aware that Marta's aren't cheap brakes anyway.

    Another good place to deal with is www.mtnhighcyclery.com. 'Nuff said!
    Check my Site

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •