Me hates pinchflat

Salazar good to mtb?

Hi
    A friend is inviting me to go to mtb in Salazar. Neither of us has ever gone there, but since he goes to rock climb there (to los perros) frequently he wants to visit those trails. He told me hes seen some dirtbike competitions happen there. I looked for info in there and this is all I got: http://www.meb.com.mx/edomex/index.htm
    Is Salazar good for mtb?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Yep, it is a very nice place indeed. Some MTB competitions has been held there, and there are a lot of trails to choose from.

The one I always ride are the two small mountains at the left of Salazar. Head up to the town from the highway, and just at the entry of the town you´ll see a fireroad at your left going straight to this mountains (...... they are actually hills, not mountains). It has a nice 2.3 km climb, and then some nice singletracks, nothing really technical but lots of fun. Well, there is actually a nice singletrack similar to the sherwoodcito in chiluca, but this ones is a little bit steeper with a lot of tight switchbacks (the forest is very thick too, no chances form mistakes), very fun to do. This might not be the best route for a 1st timer. You could get lost and your ride could be either awesome or really sh!!!!ty.

Salazar is very popular and as far as I know, there is an MTB park or XC route just behing the town. I am sure that if you ask the locals they can give you direccions. You should try it.

BTW I don´t know how safe it is. Heard of some people been robbed there, but it never happened to me (I ride on the non-popular trails, though). If you were to go, make sure you do it with a medium sized group (5-6 riders) just to be sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    ...es como acomodarte los calzones, seguro lo puede hacer alguien pero es mejor que lo haga uno mismo

[QUOTE=1]Lalo [/QUOTE]
    sounds intresting is there safety or security in the park or something like that

mtbr member
    To be honest, I dunno; I´d think so, though. As far as i remeber, there was a fee in the park. I might be wrong.
    ...es como acomodarte los calzones, seguro lo puede hacer alguien pero es mejor que lo haga uno mismo

[QUOTE=1]Lalo [/QUOTE]
    well and what if you go into the forest searching your own trail is that ok or is it to difficult cause of the land condition and trees and that?

mtbr member
    Well, that´s always an option. I tend to do that sometimes; however I do it near to areas where I know my way. The mountains over there aren’t so big. That being said, in case you are lost, you can always choose to go down and them just ride around them until you find someplace familiar (…the highway for instance.. Jk ).

Some consideration you may want to take, specially for the two mountains described in a previous mail. 1) The forest over there is very thick in some parts; especially in the funny ones. Some trails might be hard to follow at some point. 2) Most of the single tracks are seldom ridden; they can become extremely technical with out notice. This could be augmented with the recent rains. 3) As usual, most of the single tracks end in a road or fire road so just keep going, you might end up in a different town though. Just ask and ride back to Salazar.

I was looking for a map in the internet, but couldn’t find anything. Salazar is an interesting place, not a lot of people ride over there. The views are great, the trails are kinda virgin and the forest is very well conserved (some areas remind me to el Chico).

Hope you have fun, and take care.

Ohh.. Forgot it, there is no cell phone signal in the mountains, and can be tough to get out of there in a rush, so no need to say it but, to ride safe and carefully on unknown ground.

[QUOTE=1]Lalo [/QUOTE]
    just went today it was good a got totally in another town but could get to salazar did you say el chico? can you mtb there? also if you find a map post it or pm me plz of salazar!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FxFvD
    " ...map post it or pm me plz of salazar!! "
    sorry, didn't get the "pm" stuff....

And yup, you can ride in el Chico as well. I've only ridden once there, so don't know the trail around there. There are some guided rides though if you want to try them.

Me hates pinchflat
    Quote Originally Posted by ritopc
    sorry, didn't get the "pm" stuff....
    "pm" is private message

[QUOTE=1]Lalo [/QUOTE]
    i like privacy =P

hahahaha