Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

ROLE CALL... Mexico Forumites, let's know you all!!!

100K views 255 replies 104 participants last post by  ElNavajoense 
#1 ·
So paisanos!

Now we have a Mexico board... firstly, we'd like to know how many of us are here and where you live in Mexico.

Please post the following data if you please:

- Riding style, if any :D (XC, FR, DH, AM, etc., If any)
- Your bike, of course
- Favorite trail (in Mexico, that's it)
- Favorite drink

Please join in... let's populate this place now we have it.

#2 ·
Location (where in mexico): Roma Norte, Mexico City (the place is so damned big I think we need to give our neighbourhood here, D.F. crowd).

Riding style, if any : XC, trail

Your bike, of course: See pic below

Favorite trail (in Mexico, that's it): 1. The awesome stretch of singletrack I rode in Oaxaca last summer - sorry no name (I'll try to find the location on the map)
2. Discovery or Las Hojas, Chiluca

Favorite drink(s): In Mexico, a Victoria followed by a nice Anejo with Sangrita.

#4 ·
This is great!! I'm 40, been riding for only a couple years, I ride cross-country type, I only know local trails . I have a 2006 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR.I was born and raised in Tijuana and live in San Diego for almost 20 years now,, and that is one of the reasons I'm looking forward to learn about all the wonderfull places to visit and ride.

#5 ·
Warp2003 said:
So paisanos!

Now we have a Mexico board... firstly, we'd like to know how many of us are here and where you live in Mexico.

- Your bike, of course
- Favorite trail (in Mexico, that's it)
- Favorite drink

Please join in... let's populate this place now we have it.
OK... dumb me... I'm still overwhelmed by all the stuff going on....

Age - 30, almost 31
Location - North Mexico City (El Rosario)
Style - Caterpillar XC
Bike - Giant Warp '04 upgraded to Magura (fo course) Julie discs and soon a Magura Pahon fork
Favorite Trail - Discovery at Chiluca so far.
Fave drink - NEGRA MODELO, la crema de las cervezas!!!

Edit... My bike... Me.

Attachments

#8 ·
Congrats on the Mexico forum!

Carlos
27 years old... been riding for ovr 15 years.
Mazatlan, Sin.
Mainly XC.. I did a little DH but i suck at it. (I ate ---- at Black diamond trails in WHISTLER)
Favorite trail?
La Primavera in GDL.

My bike: 05 Kona Kikapu Deluxe mostly XT with a REBA team fork, Crossmax rims runing Tubeless.

Come and visit Mazatlan but dont forget to bring your bike. Life is not only about "Cervezas".

BTW my favorite beer is Victoria and of course Pacifico.

#11 ·
Mexico Forum

Hi, nice to have a Mexico forum , another good place to write about mountain biking .

Age - too young to retire ,too old to race , just 30 years........of riding
Location - Puebla
Riding Style - xc -am and fm
Favorite trail - here, there and everywhere.
Bike - Turner Flux
Favorite drink - water and lemonade

See you later...

#12 ·
the last biker said:
Hi, nice to have a Mexico forum , another good place to write about mountain biking .

Age - too young to retire ,too old to race , just 30 years........of riding
Location - Puebla
Riding Style - xc -am and fm
Favorite trail - here, there and everywhere.
Bike - Turner Flux
Favorite drink - water and lemonade

See you later...
Hey!! Glad to see you snooping over here!

You're more than welcome. I bet your contributions will be as good as on our local forum.

You might was well get invited by the Mexican Homers (Turner Owner's Group) to join. In the end, you already have everything they request... a Turner bike.

I have accounted for six Tuners so far in Mexico. But I guess you're the only one that has had a Turner, an Intense and a Titus at the same time. Triple Crown, baby!

#15 ·
Introducing myself... SETH

Hi all!!

- Location (where in mexico): México City, Iztacalco
- Riding style, if any: Cross Country (XC), urban too
- Your bike, of course: Alubike Bronx 2003, Full Deore modified
- Favorite trail: Valle de Bravo, from Nevado de Toluca
- Favorite drink: Sperry's, Piña colada jajaja... does it matter??? :p

Good fortune to this forum... i'll be following closely for sure.
Let's get them all raza!
Seth.

#16 ·
Aids...

Aids, Adrian, Alby, The Flying Kiwi, various other names too derogatory to mention.

- Age :Goddam it I´m ****en fourty. And I feel like fifty when I hit the deck.. And now wih this post I´ll see how puritanical these forums are..
- Location (where in mexico) Yes, you know where...

Horizontal...mainly, or WU (Walking Uphill...I dunno those fancy two letter acronyms..)

- Your bike, of course : Marin
- Favorite trail (in Mexico, that's it) :Chiluca with the moon bit and the springs..my new favourite..
- Favorite drink: Lady Grey tea, on the ride..beer

#19 ·
aids said:
Now if a bike could be sexy, thats one seems to have all the right fun bits in the right places...
She's a saucy minx.

Hey Aids, if you need a free chain to keep rolling for now, you can have my old one. Not ideal, but better than nothing. I just ordered a new one to pick up in Dallas. You'd need to come by tomorrow to get it (or wait til the New Year).

#18 ·
One more in the big city

Another chilango in this forum,

Name: Diego Ramirez
Riding style: XC, trails, light freeride... anything goes
Bike: currently a Cdale with tons of upgrades, and sooner that latter a Norco Six.
Favourite trail: Mexico. - Some unexplored trails in SNT and some unnamed in Salazar.
All time favourites.- CBC, Pingu, Neds Atomic Dustbin (Seymour);Upper Oil Can, and Seventh Secret (Fromme).

Hope to cya on the trails

D.

Love what you do, do what you love

#24 ·
Felicidades a todos!

Hi Guys! Congratulations! for the new forum...

Hola tocayo felicidades por fin como me comentabas... se te hizo y se nos hizo un foro para México... Great!!!! :cool:

ok ok! ejem!

René ChavarrÃ*a G. (Ceylan Prince =P)
- Location (where in mexico)Tlalnepantla, Edo de México
- Riding style, if any : XC, asfalt urban.por tortillas, bolillo, el chesco :p
- Your bike, of course: Rocky Mountain ETSX 30 '04 upgrade: Race Face, LX cranks & cassette, panarecer... etc.. - GT Avalanche Full deore & Marzocchi EXR,,, Rocky Mountain Vertex 50 (building)
- Favorite trail (in Mexico, that's it) Chilucaaaaaaa! y donde sea!
- Favorite drink, Beer and more Beer... in special Victoria... Borracho 0_o°

Ok las reglas estan hechas para romperse... :D solo quiere enviar un saludo a todos los amigos que he hecho en esta tan impresionante y grata actividad...

René tocayo! Adrian, Matt, Roberto, Diego y por supuesto el buen Luis.... saludos a todos y esperemos que se incremente este foro de mas gente y por supuesto de nuevos amigos!

Cheers!

#25 ·
Warp2003 said:
So paisanos!

- Age 24
- Location (Puebla)
- Riding style, if any :D (XC and stooopid xc)
- Your bike, of course: 2004 Cannondale f-300 swapped evrery single part by now. KHS x204
- Favorite trail (Zapotecas followed closely by los pericos in valsequillo)
- Favorite drink: beer...

#26 ·
Viva México ca....! Nice to have our own space... probably I'll still haunt the passion board, but it's nice to have our own forum....

Ok... I'm 36 years, I live in Mexico City in Desierto de los Leones
My riding style is walking the bike.... j/k, I like trails, but sometimes it is very hard to catalog a certain riding style, I think what I do in Mexico is AM and XC.
I have a Titus Motolite (which is always yelling at me to ride faster and harder)
One of my favorites trails is 'El Chico' in Hidalgo, and from 'San Francisco something to Valle de Bravo'. Also the Discovery we did about two weeks ago with Warp and Tiger.
Favorite drink? beer, tequila.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.