Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 249
  1. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    273
    Hi everybody, I'm Sergio:
    - 32
    - from Mty.
    - mostly trail riding
    - have a Specialized enduro 03, Z1 FR 04, stan's converted wheels.
    - everything at chipinque: el chile, pinal, deslavada (going downhill too), epazote, don toño; and la huasteca singletrack.
    - cocacola
    I'm looking forward to go to las adjuntas, and chipitin, but working hard to get back in shape after almost 3 months without riding (shame on me). But my riding buddies are such a bunch of mandilones that I got sick and tired of waiting for them and now I'm back riding again on my own, two weeks ago.
    so anyone goin' there or with a similar situation feel free to e-mail, and hopefully ride more often and know more trails. Cause a
    I know we have a lot. BTW Does anyone have visited Potrero chico at Hidalgo N.L? don't u think would be fine?

    Sergio Castaño
    checocc@yahoo.com.mx

  2. #77
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,690
    Quote Originally Posted by checocc
    Hi everybody, I'm Sergio:
    - 32
    - from Mty.
    - mostly trail riding
    - have a Specialized enduro 03, Z1 FR 04, stan's converted wheels.
    - everything at chipinque: el chile, pinal, deslavada (going downhill too), epazote, don toño; and la huasteca singletrack.
    - cocacola
    I'm looking forward to go to las adjuntas, and chipitin, but working hard to get back in shape after almost 3 months without riding (shame on me). But my riding buddies are such a bunch of mandilones that I got sick and tired of waiting for them and now I'm back riding again on my own, two weeks ago.
    so anyone goin' there or with a similar situation feel free to e-mail, and hopefully ride more often and know more trails. Cause a
    I know we have a lot. BTW Does anyone have visited Potrero chico at Hidalgo N.L? don't u think would be fine?

    Sergio Castaño
    checocc@yahoo.com.mx

    HI! Welcome Checo!!

    Phuck!! I wish I could ride those MTY trails again... but now on my trusty Warp and not the crappy Turbo I had back then.
    Check my Site

  3. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3
    Age 40
    Cd. Valles S.L.P
    Bike. litespeed niota, crossmax xl. sid team, xt-xtr, race face, thomson
    Any single track
    Beer

    You are more than welcom to la huasteca, There is alot of singletracks, 90 mts
    waterfall, sotano de las golondrinas, and we are having the campeonato de deporte
    extremo from february 21-24 2006. (come in the winter)
    Anybody going to creasted bute this summer? give me a hall

  4. #79
    pol
    pol is offline
    Pablo "down" Hill
    Reputation: pol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp2003
    So paisanos!

    Now we have a Mexico board... firstly, we'd like to know how many of us are here and where you live in Mexico.

    Please post the following data if you please:

    - Age
    - Location (where in mexico)
    - Riding style, if any (XC, FR, DH, AM, etc., If any)
    - Your bike, of course
    - Favorite trail (in Mexico, that's it)
    - Favorite drink

    Please join in... let's populate this place now we have it.

    - Age 34
    - Location (where in mexico).....Mexico DF, Condesa
    - Riding style, if any (XC, FR, DH, AM, etc., If any).....Pues un poco de todo. No me gusta competir en carreras, pedaleo solo por que amo hacerlo. Basicamente All Mountain
    - Your bike, of course......Mi potranka es una Dawg Primo
    - Favorite trail (in Mexico, that's it).......Me encanta la cabroroca (por que tiene un poco de todo), y el singletrack de el chico hidalgo.
    - Favorite drink.....mi veneno son los moka frapuccinos de starbucks, yo se que suena medio gay pero acepto mi adiccion, y me comprometo a asistir a terapia.

    y ya que estamos en esto a ver si nos organizamos todos los que le pedaleamos en el ajusco para hacer un grupo. ahh y pliz en esta pagina no more english

    life is an adventure, make it epic.

  5. #80
    Bike to the Bone...
    Reputation: rzozaya1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8,291
    Quote Originally Posted by pol
    - Age 34
    - Location (where in mexico).....Mexico DF, Condesa
    - Riding style, if any (XC, FR, DH, AM, etc., If any).....Pues un poco de todo. No me gusta competir en carreras, pedaleo solo por que amo hacerlo. Basicamente All Mountain
    - Your bike, of course......Mi potranka es una Dawg Primo
    - Favorite trail (in Mexico, that's it).......Me encanta la cabroroca (por que tiene un poco de todo), y el singletrack de el chico hidalgo.
    - Favorite drink.....mi veneno son los moka frapuccinos de starbucks, yo se que suena medio gay pero acepto mi adiccion, y me comprometo a asistir a terapia.

    y ya que estamos en esto a ver si nos organizamos todos los que le pedaleamos en el ajusco para hacer un grupo. ahh y pliz en esta pagina no more english


    Hi Pablo... nice to see you around! If you see the main Mexico place, we're having a gathering in two weeks. You're invited to come if you want.

    'el Chico' is just awesome, we have to go there someday, I hope soon.

    The reason we speak english is because we're such a snob son-of-b.... naaaahhh! The reason for the language was that MTBR.COM is an english speaking site, and we want to make the site for everybody at mtbr.com and promote Mexico and it's trails. We knew that the english would be a barrier for us mexicans. If you have some trouble writting down in english you can in spanish, perdon por la molestia.

    Saludos y viva México c....

  6. #81
    besieged by daughters
    Reputation: kdjose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    51

    Ken Joseph

    Hi Fellow Bikers del sur! I am a 37 year old father of 4, living in Santa Fe, NM who loves to dip below the border at every opportunity. I just bought a Rocky Mt. ETSX-50, that I am adjusting to slowly. I fall a lot. Thanks for welcoming me to your fold!

    kj

  7. #82
    Now with 3 more inches!
    Reputation: tigerdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by kdjose
    Hi Fellow Bikers del sur! I am a 37 year old father of 4, living in Santa Fe, NM who loves to dip below the border at every opportunity. I just bought a Rocky Mt. ETSX-50, that I am adjusting to slowly. I fall a lot. Thanks for welcoming me to your fold!

    kj
    Bienvenidos! Check out Rocky_Rene who posts here, he also rides an ETSX.

  8. #83
    besieged by daughters
    Reputation: kdjose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    51

    I'll keep an eye out for Rocky_Rene, thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdog
    Bienvenidos! Check out Rocky_Rene who posts here, he also rides an ETSX.
    I'll see you on the trail, maybe!

    kj

  9. #84
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,690
    Quote Originally Posted by kdjose
    I'll see you on the trail, maybe!

    kj
    Welcome!!!

    What a terrific ride you just got!!!

    Rocky_Rene has already one year on his bike and the frame and bearings are running as smooth as day one. Sturdy nice bike... aside to some Titus, Turners and such around here, those RM's don't feel any envy. Plain cool bikes.

    Congratulations!!
    Check my Site

  10. #85
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtbgiovanny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    332
    well known as giovanyy very good friend of 545cu4ch and FxDxR
    Age: 15
    Location: Mexico city, la condesa and desierto de los leones
    Riding style: XC,FR,AM,urban asalut
    Bike: Kona Blast 2005
    Favourite trail: desierto, ajusco, everywhere
    Favourite drink: piña colada and water

    GOOD TO SEE YA GUYS!!

    Salu2!!!

  11. #86
    [QUOTE=1]Lalo [/QUOTE]
    Reputation: FxFvD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    230
    ride specialized http://russellsfitness.com/merchant/...opperlarge.jpg

    very similar to this one a bit more older a rockhopper it is all crmo frame and fork altus brakes alivio shifters andd

    i like riding XC and starting myself in some street bmx
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghandalf The Grey Spammer
    [SIZE="2"]One[/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]Spam [/SIZE][SIZE="4"]To[/SIZE] [SIZE="5"]Rule[/SIZE] [SIZE="6"]Them[/SIZE] [SIZE="7"]All[/SIZE]
    ------
    Sram Mars Arms.............................................. ..... SPAM!

  12. #87
    el.lechero
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1

    im new in cycling

    hello, im new to cycling
    i would like to know some tips and, maybe, in 4 months time, i want to buy a bicycle, so i would appreciate if i got adviced.

  13. #88
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,690
    Quote Originally Posted by el.lechero
    hello, im new to cycling
    i would like to know some tips and, maybe, in 4 months time, i want to buy a bicycle, so i would appreciate if i got adviced.
    Firslty, welcome here.

    You can ask whatever you want and we'll try to give the best advise possible!

    Again, welcome and thanks for coming and making our little forum to grow!
    Warp
    Check my Site

  14. #89
    moaaar shimz
    Reputation: tacubaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,957
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbgiovanny
    Riding style: XC,FR,AM,urban asalut
    Please, enlighten me, tell me how can you do urban assault and freeride with a Kona Blast, thanks.
    Last edited by tacubaya; 04-06-2006 at 06:58 AM.

  15. #90
    pol
    pol is offline
    Pablo "down" Hill
    Reputation: pol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    110
    It's been months since I busted my knee, but aparently it only *****es when I hammer my bike uphill. So as of this weekend I'm oficially a Downhiller, sad, so so sad. But I have to keep my skills and use my bike before summer floods. Have you guys organized anithing in the las months???
    life is an adventure, make it epic.

  16. #91
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,690
    Quote Originally Posted by pol
    It's been months since I busted my knee, but aparently it only *****es when I hammer my bike uphill. So as of this weekend I'm oficially a Downhiller, sad, so so sad. But I have to keep my skills and use my bike before summer floods. Have you guys organized anithing in the las months???
    Yeah... check out the sticky of "El Chico" and keep an eye open for the normally arranged rides over here.

    Hope to meet you soon on the trails.

    PS... On the knee issue... you may want to raise your saddle a little and check your cleats if you use clipless. Go easy on it and make sure you warm up properly.

    I have knee aches too, never busted it completely, but I have to be gentle with my left knee.
    Check my Site

  17. #92
    pol
    pol is offline
    Pablo "down" Hill
    Reputation: pol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    110
    El Chico is one of my favorite rides, if I've healed by then (My knee of course) I'll contact you guys so you can count me in.......

    Saludos

    Pablo
    life is an adventure, make it epic.

  18. #93
    [QUOTE=1]Lalo [/QUOTE]
    Reputation: FxFvD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by el.lechero
    hello, im new to cycling
    i would like to know some tips and, maybe, in 4 months time, i want to buy a bicycle, so i would appreciate if i got adviced.

    bienvenido a la adiccion de mtbr ruby hahahahah
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghandalf The Grey Spammer
    [SIZE="2"]One[/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]Spam [/SIZE][SIZE="4"]To[/SIZE] [SIZE="5"]Rule[/SIZE] [SIZE="6"]Them[/SIZE] [SIZE="7"]All[/SIZE]
    ------
    Sram Mars Arms.............................................. ..... SPAM!

  19. #94
    MTB Cancun & Riviera Maya
    Reputation: alcarve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    98
    - Age
    36

    - Location
    Cancun

    - Riding style
    Cross-Country (just 3 years in the bike world)

    - Your bike
    I start riding with a very heavy bike, a Turbo Inixia, I don't regret cause it was great, as it is as heavy as a bulldozer I got myself a really nice fisical condition, more than 2 years and a half later using this torton!!, I decide to buy me a nice and good mountain bike, so I have now and amazing and beatiful 2006 Specialized Hardrock Pro

    - Favorite trail
    of course the most beautiful trail I ever been, from Punta Sam to Isla Blanca, you ride just a few meter from the most beautiful ocean you will ever be, and in the other side, some times, sond dunes, jungle, rocks, it's more like a 25km cross country, the hardest is to ride on the sand, or just after it rained a lot of mud!!!

    - Favorite drink
    Sauza hornitos or absolut with toronja, but if we're talking about riding, lemon levite water

  20. #95
    moaaar shimz
    Reputation: tacubaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,957
    Quote Originally Posted by alcarve
    - Age
    36

    - Location
    Cancun

    - Riding style
    Cross-Country (just 3 years in the bike world)

    - Your bike
    I start riding with a very heavy bike, a Turbo Inixia, I don't regret cause it was great, as it is as heavy as a bulldozer I got myself a really nice fisical condition, more than 2 years and a half later using this torton!!, I decide to buy me a nice and good mountain bike, so I have now and amazing and beatiful 2006 Specialized Hardrock Pro

    - Favorite trail
    of course the most beautiful trail I ever been, from Punta Sam to Isla Blanca, you ride just a few meter from the most beautiful ocean you will ever be, and in the other side, some times, sond dunes, jungle, rocks, it's more like a 25km cross country, the hardest is to ride on the sand, or just after it rained a lot of mud!!!

    - Favorite drink
    Sauza hornitos or absolut with toronja, but if we're talking about riding, lemon levite water
    How funny, I'm buying a HardRock for myself too, or if I have some more money, a used Heckler.

    Keep me updated on how the HardRock performs please! jajaja

  21. #96
    MTB Cancun & Riviera Maya
    Reputation: alcarve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    98

    Hardrock Pro

    Believe me, an amazing bike, another world, light quick, the handle, amazing diference!!!, It was the best buy I could ever made, I've read some articles and comments about this bike, some say, the front suspention is not a good one, but good words in general, but for myself is a good one!
    MTB Cancun & Riviera Maya

  22. #97
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    52
    Last edited by enriquevera2000; 05-07-2006 at 06:08 PM.
    enriquevera2000@yahoo.com

    http://community.webshots.com/user/enriquevera2000

    Litespeed PISGAH 2003

  23. #98
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    52

    Superrecorridos : Vuelta Al Desierto De Garcia N.l. 30-abr-06

    [SIZE="3"]Check this out for Pictures, Maps, satellite 3D & 2D imaging... [/SIZE]

    [SIZE="3"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/enrique...7594122722358/[/SIZE]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    enriquevera2000@yahoo.com

    http://community.webshots.com/user/enriquevera2000

    Litespeed PISGAH 2003

  24. #99
    XCdude
    Reputation: moab63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,189

    Well let me post here too

    Tijuana
    cannondale F1000sl 2003
    xc riding and racing
    Mostly the race courses in Tecate
    Some cool race courses in Ensenada too

    Here is a pic of me at the beginning of the year 2006
    Attached Images Attached Images

  25. #100
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    103
    Please post the following data if you please:

    - Age 26
    - Location (where in mexico) Iztapalapa, DF.
    - Riding style, if any (XC, FR, DH, AM, etc., If any) Mhhhh... AllMountain o algo parecido
    - Your bike, of course K2 Zed 4.0 con XT, Hayes y cositas varias, cero de stock. Y una vieja Turbo revitalizada.
    - Favorite trail (in Mexico, that's it) Uy! la extinta Caada de Alfrez y el Axosco.
    - Favorite drink El chocolate oaxaqueo con agua.... Soy un oazo y que?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •