Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Hoops - Big and Small
    Reputation: Crash_Burn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,087

    Riding in Zihuatanejo, Ixtapa, Uruapan

    Hola - I'll be in Mexico next week, any suggestions for riding in these areas Zihuatanejo, Ixtapa, Uruapan.
    Gracias for your help!

  2. #2
    Bike to the Bone...
    Reputation: rzozaya1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash_Burn
    Hola - I'll be in Mexico next week, any suggestions for riding in these areas Zihuatanejo, Ixtapa, Uruapan.
    Gracias for your help!
    Are you riding with your bike?

    I think that in Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo there is a bike path, but I don't know where to take it.

  3. #3
    Hoops - Big and Small
    Reputation: Crash_Burn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,087

    Flying without Bike

    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    Are you riding with your bike?
    I think that in Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo there is a bike path, but I don't know where to take it.
    I was in Zihua in 2000 and saw lots of mountain bikes considering there probably is'nt a bike shop in the area.

    I did hike a trail that was to the north of Ixtapa that would make for fun bike path type riding.

    It seems like that area is set-up for tourist that like to do outdoor activities, I thought I would give the new México board a try and see if I could get some riding in while I'am on vacation.

  4. #4
    Bike to the Bone...
    Reputation: rzozaya1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash_Burn
    I was in Zihua in 2000 and saw lots of mountain bikes considering there probably is'nt a bike shop in the area.

    I did hike a trail that was to the north of Ixtapa that would make for fun bike path type riding.

    It seems like that area is set-up for tourist that like to do outdoor activities, I thought I would give the new México board a try and see if I could get some riding in while I'am on vacation.
    Maybe look at DF_MEB, a yahoo forum. (http://mx.groups.yahoo.com/group/df_meb/)

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    47

    Troncones about 45 minutes north on the coast

    I've been there 3 times and ridden twice, there are some pretty decent goat trails around the area. It's mostly a surf spot, but can be fun for riding too.

  6. #6
    Hoops - Big and Small
    Reputation: Crash_Burn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,087

    Bikes In Troncones?

    Quote Originally Posted by BantuDude
    I've been there 3 times and ridden twice, there are some pretty decent goat trails around the area. It's mostly a surf spot, but can be fun for riding too.
    Did you rent or bring your own?

    Do you know of a bike shop in the area?

  7. #7
    Hoops - Big and Small
    Reputation: Crash_Burn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,087

    No Habla Español

    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    Maybe look at DF_MEB, a yahoo forum. (http://mx.groups.yahoo.com/group/df_meb/)
    Dude, I'am a complete Gringo - My idea of travel to México is visiting only tourista destinations because I'am verbally challenged. I'am pretty much an idiot while speaking the little spanish that I do know.

    I do have a contact in Zihua, so I'll give her a try.

    I'am leaving 1/14, If anybody has info about bike shops in the area Please Reply.
    Thanks!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •