Hoops - Big and Small

Riding in Zihuatanejo, Ixtapa, Uruapan

Hola - I'll be in Mexico next week, any suggestions for riding in these areas Zihuatanejo, Ixtapa, Uruapan.
    Gracias for your help!

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash_Burn
    Hola - I'll be in Mexico next week, any suggestions for riding in these areas Zihuatanejo, Ixtapa, Uruapan.
    Gracias for your help!
    Are you riding with your bike?

I think that in Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo there is a bike path, but I don't know where to take it.

Hoops - Big and Small

Flying without Bike

Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    Are you riding with your bike?
    I think that in Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo there is a bike path, but I don't know where to take it.
    I was in Zihua in 2000 and saw lots of mountain bikes considering there probably is'nt a bike shop in the area.

I did hike a trail that was to the north of Ixtapa that would make for fun bike path type riding.

It seems like that area is set-up for tourist that like to do outdoor activities, I thought I would give the new México board a try and see if I could get some riding in while I'am on vacation.

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash_Burn
    I was in Zihua in 2000 and saw lots of mountain bikes considering there probably is'nt a bike shop in the area.

I did hike a trail that was to the north of Ixtapa that would make for fun bike path type riding.

It seems like that area is set-up for tourist that like to do outdoor activities, I thought I would give the new México board a try and see if I could get some riding in while I'am on vacation.
    Maybe look at DF_MEB, a yahoo forum. (http://mx.groups.yahoo.com/group/df_meb/)

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Troncones about 45 minutes north on the coast

I've been there 3 times and ridden twice, there are some pretty decent goat trails around the area. It's mostly a surf spot, but can be fun for riding too.

Hoops - Big and Small

Bikes In Troncones?

Quote Originally Posted by BantuDude
    I've been there 3 times and ridden twice, there are some pretty decent goat trails around the area. It's mostly a surf spot, but can be fun for riding too.
    Did you rent or bring your own?

Do you know of a bike shop in the area?

Hoops - Big and Small

No Habla Español

Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    Maybe look at DF_MEB, a yahoo forum. (http://mx.groups.yahoo.com/group/df_meb/)
    Dude, I'am a complete Gringo - My idea of travel to México is visiting only tourista destinations because I'am verbally challenged. I'am pretty much an idiot while speaking the little spanish that I do know.

I do have a contact in Zihua, so I'll give her a try.

I'am leaving 1/14, If anybody has info about bike shops in the area Please Reply.
    Thanks!