artistic...

Repaint of a vintage mtb frame in Mexico?

Ola,

Por favor, pudes indicar alguien que hace pintura en una vintage MTB? Si poderia tanbien hacer frame alignment test... Es una steel mtb. Estoy en Queretaro.
    Muchas gracias.
    BTW... recomendan una buena cycling shop en Queretaro?
    Gracias
    want: Ibis ti handlebar. suntour 31.8 front derr. bottom pull

mtbr member
    No idea about the paint.

I can recommend two nice bike stores. One is Mountrak on the Fracc. Candiles (Corregidora), pretty nice variety, but a bit expensive by now. And an Alubike store at Plaza Cibeles (Av. Bernardo Quintana, by the arcs) not so varied but with some of the best pricing around.

Jungle rider
    It would be very difficult -if not imposible- to find a place for bike-specific painting in Mexico. Most painting jobs are done in places called Paint and Tinware Workshops (Talleres de Hojalatería y Pintura). You need to find a good one that might have some experience working with bikes or motorbikes and work closely with the workers about the kind of work (paint, colour, texture , etc) you want for your vintage bike. With patience and some luck, you can find a good place for it. It is amazing what some of this workshops can do for very little money. Otherwise ask in the bike stores recommended above. They might have some better options.
    "My future involves more biking, some ups, some downs, then death" Adam Billinghurst - Just Some Guy That Rides Bikes

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by colker1 View Post
    Ola,

Por favor, pudes indicar alguien que hace pintura en una vintage MTB? Si poderia tanbien hacer frame alignment test... Es una steel mtb. Estoy en Queretaro.
    Muchas gracias.
    BTW... recomendan una buena cycling shop en Queretaro?
    Gracias
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I write in spanish and english , although my thought are that your native language is Portuguese.

Yo conozco a dos verdaderos artistas de la pintura de bicicletas , hacen trabajos fuera de serie , uno está en el estado de Hidalgo se llama Jaime Valencia quien además de ser un excelente ciclista de montaña es un artista para pintar marcos de bici , una de sus inspiraciones es el inglés Roger Dean .

El otro está en la Ciudad de Puebla y es otro artista del pintado de bicis , se llama Arturo Robles Salazar .

saludos
    the last biker

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know two great artists in the art of painting frames , they work is the best , one is from Hidalgo State called Jaime Valencia who besides being a great mountain biker is an artist painting bike frames, one of its inspirations is Roger Dean from England.

The other is in the city of Puebla and is another artist painting bikes called Arturo Robles Salazar.

Regards.
    the last biker

artistic...
    Gracias a todos! Thanbks everyone. I will check those shops in Queretaro.. Btw, i've been in San Miguel Allende this week end and it seems like a hot spot for trail riding. Saw loads of FS on back of trucks awaiting for action.
    want: Ibis ti handlebar. suntour 31.8 front derr. bottom pull