Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Popobike

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  rzozaya1969 
#1 ·
info? tips? who's going?

I can't find the profile chart online, what's the course like?

#2 ·
#3 ·
triphop said:
every year everyone bails out last minute, so dont get high hopes on people coming
Not back in 2005... :D :D

Rzoz and me went there. Tigerdog attended too, but he was injured from an ankle so he didn't race. Tales say the year of Tigerdog's attendance, most food stands were doing great and coincidentally Tiger won a few pounds that day.

#4 ·
Warp said:
Not back in 2005... :D :D

Rzoz and me went there. Tigerdog attended too, but he was injured from an ankle so he didn't race. Tales say the year of Tigerdog's attendance, most food stands were doing great and coincidentally Tiger won a few pounds that day.
Hey, at least I didn't get disqualified! :D

I had a great time watching it. Looked like a very dusty race! It was great to see Absalon and Gunn-Rita was absolutely amazing. I think the coolest thing was that top Euro pros were there along with old locals on cast-iron benottos with bent forks.

#6 ·
Popobike trails.

Garlock said:
info? tips? who's going?

I can't find the profile chart online, what's the course like?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey , If you want to ride in the Popobike area just tell me , the Popobike trails and routes are our courtyard , we ride there almost every weekend saturdays & sundays in different trails from 10 to 30 miles , easy or very hard routes, as you want , you can do a very good trainning for the Popobike Marathon 2009

the last biker

#7 ·
Quiero mi parrilla nueva!!

Fine Fine Fine!! Very Good Very Good Very Good!!!

Very Very VEry Very Goooooooooooooood!

A estas alturas yo ya confundo manubrio con volante, cadena con bujias y carter con asiento:skep: Extraño rodar la verdad mi momento cumbre fue en el 2007 cuando fuimos
al chico Hidalgo !! de esos tiempos solo queda un par de salpicaderas de una chevy 65 y un asiento de una chevy 69.....

Hey ,mi estimado Luis! no ando borrcaho solo nostalgico!! ya ni te hablo por fon! :D

Ahora si me voy a aplicar en las rodadas para que Rocky la leyenda continue!!!:eek:

Saludos Last Biker!! :thumbsup:

#10 ·
Hi, Last Biker and triphop, are you available for ridding Sept. 19? this week we have "guadaña" at work so if I survive it would be nice ridding the track, for me last race is Sept. 27 so provided there aren't too many changes around here I would like to do this race...
So what do you say for September 19? I can have a rack for one more bike if anyone else is interested!

El Rivas

#11 ·
arivas said:
Hi, Last Biker and triphop, are you available for ridding Sept. 19? this week we have "guadaña" at work so if I survive it would be nice ridding the track, for me last race is Sept. 27 so provided there aren't too many changes around here I would like to do this race...
So what do you say for September 19? I can have a rack for one more bike if anyone else is interested!

El Rivas
sounds like a plan, want to meet there? what time?

#15 ·
Hi Roberto, 19 would be just for ridding the place, the race would be in October; would you take a chance on both dates? Or maybe I can sugest also "Reto Valle" wich may be done around that time (October/November, if at all!), this one is a race from El Mapa to Valle de Bravo, last one was pretty well organized and you can take it more like a fast ride to Valle, if Rene is around here close to any of the dates it for sure would be a pleassure to gather again!

El Rivas

#16 ·
arivas said:
Hi Roberto, 19 would be just for ridding the place, the race would be in October; would you take a chance on both dates? Or maybe I can sugest also "Reto Valle" wich may be done around that time (October/November, if at all!), this one is a race from El Mapa to Valle de Bravo, last one was pretty well organized and you can take it more like a fast ride to Valle, if Rene is around here close to any of the dates it for sure would be a pleassure to gather again!

El Rivas
I'm not sure about the 19th, I'm teaching my GF to ride, so I don't have too many free riding times... different challenges, very fun, but that's another story. I'm really thinking on doing the Popobike. Next weekend I'll do the Nevado - Valle route with Jorge de Avila, if you want to go.

#17 ·
I'll be there early-mid October.

Long story short, I may not be able to move around that much, though I'm dying to have a ride at proper elevation trails. Tampico just doesn't cut it.

Riding long distances over flats is not my thing. I prefer good climbing and descending trails...

Would be stoked to do any of the two... Mapa-Valle is more appealing to me as it's new for me. Popobike is a big event and I have a personal affair with that one since I got my arse kicked back in 2005 by that race.:D

#18 · (Edited)
That's OK, we can arrange something for Popobike, teaching and learning can be very fun activities, glad you two are on to cycling; I was thinking of doing " Vuelta de Sn. Miguel" this weekend but the Flux is going on overhaul, I will do my ussual Desierto road ride, I'm triying to get fit for the Ocotal in september 27, say hi! to Jorge, btw. it has been rainning a lot around here so expect tons of mud and a slipery climb to Las Cruces....!

Rene, I'll keep you in the loop as to what is doable on the dates you are comming, I really hope to do Popobike as for one reason or another it keeps getting out of reach at the last minute, this year however, things seem more or less auspicious for doing this race; Mapa Valle has been the best organized race I've ever been to, (even with some glitches), unfortunately it's just XC and may not appeal to other forum members. Nevado-Valle has some interesting technical strips but the race didn't went through them last year, I think the winners did it in a little less than 2 hrs. ... (I did more than that!)

Have Fun!

El Rivas

#19 ·
arivas said:
That's OK, we can arrange something for Popobike, teaching and learning can be very fun activities, glad you two are on to cycling; I was thinking of doing " Vuelta de Sn. Miguel" this weekend but the Flux is going on overhaul, I will do my ussual Desierto road ride, I'm triying to get fit for the Ocotal in september 27, say hi! to Jorge, btw. it has been rainning a lot around here so expect tons of mud and a slipery climb to Las Cruces....!

Rene, I'll keep you in the loop as to what is doable on the dates you are comming, I really hope to do Popobike as for one reason or another it keeps getting out of reach at the last minute, this year however, things seem more or less auspicious for doing this race; Mapa Valle has been the best organized race I've ever been to, (even with some glitches), unfortunately it's just XC and may not appeal to other forum members. Nevado-Valle has some interesting technical strips but the race didn't went through them last year, I think the winners did it in a little less than 2 hrs. ... (I did more than that!)

Have Fun!

El Rivas
I had a change in plans, a friend 40th birthday is tomorrow saturday.. no riding! Darn....

Well, I'll do the Mariposas sanctuary-Valle later this month. It is not as challenging (since I have done it several times already), but nice still...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.