Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Just got back from a windsurf/bike vacation in Baja California Sur.

We found great single track in La Ventana on the Sea of Cortez just east of La Paz.
    The trails are pretty narrow and very "spiney", so you have to ride with some caution.
    There are two sets of trails...One north of El Sargento which is more technical and has more climbing. Another set of trails just south of La Ventana (towards El Bufador) that is supposed to be more flowy and less climbing. Thanks to Warren for hand digging these trails; I hope he has help.

We also went to Todos Santos (on the Pacific side from La Paz). Two sets of trails there.
    We rode the ones right from town (behind the cemetery). Great single track. Wide enough that you could carry more speed without too much cactus fear. About 25 miles of trail in those loops. There is supposed to be another trail system further north, but we didn't ride them. Thanks to the local bike shop (The Hub) in town for building and maintaining these trails. They had bikes to rent for $400 pesos per day. Good deal for 29er hard trails. Very friendly and helpful (David and Raul).

Saludos!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Haines Mountain Biker View Post
    2 hours north of Cabo San Lucas. Giant Trance rental at dive shop. 20 miles of purpose built mountain bike single track. Excellent All Mountain trail. Sweet design and quality maintained created graciously by handful of local seasonal American mountain Bikers. Destination quality trails. I suggest a donation to the trail builders cause what they're doing up there is magic.
    I rode Cabo Pulmo in Nov 2013. Rented a Giant Trance like you mentioned. Definitely an excellent trail system but very remote. I stayed in San Jose del Cabo and it was about 1.5 hours to get there one way. There is a hill climb in there that is a lung buster, but the ride back down makes it worth it. Coming back to Cabo again this November and I think I might give the trail system in Todos Santos a try. Here is a video of my Cabo Pulmo ride:

http://youtu.be/G-lWUxPAbx4

mtbr member

Idea! Los Barriles Buena Vista single track

I stayed in Cabo for the week of Thanksgiving. We drove an hour and 15 minutes north to Los Barriles. There is a trail system there (look for the flag pole up on a hill). That is where we started. There is a good amount of climbing along with trails that flow. 90% single track. Very well maintained, in fact we saw 2 or 3 guys out there doing maintenance. Not overly technical but enough to keep it fun. It's also very close to town where there is a bike shop and plenty of places for a post ride meal. Here is a video of our ride:

http://youtu.be/J5J2Lx6PWB0

Natty Dread
    Valle De Bravo. I can't find any beta since like 2008. Bikes have changed, trails have changed. Planning a trip to DF in the coming months and looking to do some riding in Valle De Bravo. Which outfit is the best in town for high end bike rentals and tours? I've seen Pablo's and ConTato both have bikes and tours but only seem to see a low end hardtail rental fleet. Is it possible to get a demo type trail or enduro full suspension bike and a guide that will take you on some of the more advanced terrain? Recommended routes? Also noticed Bravo Bikes which looks to be a higher end shop with rentals i.e. Transition. Do they provide tours? Any help/insight greatly appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12