Bike to the Bone...
    Now, be4 Tiger or someone starts posting that 'This post is useless without pics...' here we go:

1-Gabriel getting ready... note his color combinations... he's like a perfect image of a biking bumblebee....
    2-Me.....
    3-A view from the parking lot...
    4-A common sight on the way up... (Paco )
    5-Gabriel riding on the way to the Quecas'
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bike to the Bone...

Lion's Desert on february....

Hey everybody, ladies and gents......

Well, this is what I did this weekend... well, actually, sunday morning.

Paco invited me and a bunch of guys riding. He made an 8 am meeting. It's been a while since he left riding (nahhh, maybe some months), and he wanted to go to 'Desierto de los Leones'. I haven't ridden there in like forever, so I said yes. Gabriel also went, along with Lorena. Octavio said yes.

Well, Lorena and me got early and started to unload the bikes and get ready, shortly after Gabriel came in followed by Paco. My greeting to Paco was 'Good night' and from then on it seems as if decided to pick on him, in a friendly way (friendly for me, at least).

We got ready, and Octavio hadn't arrived, so at 8:30 we decided to start. We rode from the parking lot of the convent to Pluma Blanca, which is actually the trailhead. We rode about 1 or 2 kilometers on road, which was nice to warm up. By the way, by that time the weather was fffrrrreeeeezzzzziiinnnngggggg brrrrrrrrr!

At Cruz Blanca, we started through a fireroad up, up and up. The way to our first rest stop was around 7 Km from Pluma Blanca. On the first intersection we went right, then merged with another road till we got to the Quecas' place. I thought we were going to have a gourmet breakfast by then, but we decided to skip it. We cossed a small creek and went through around 1 kilometer of singletrack. At one point, it was broken because a water-guding tube or something was fixed or something. Passing this hole, we had to walk the bikes for a little bit, but then the trail are fun. There's about 7 Km of level trails to 'Los Soldados'. This was a 'small' cottage from Zedillo (our previous president, which it seemed he liked mtb). This trail was very easy to ride. Just a little something here and there to make it intresting. At 'Los Soldados' we stayed a bit, and decided to head back.

By this time, since it was downhill, Paco and Gabriel turned on the supercharger and decided to lead here. Lorena and me were guiding the pack on the way up, mostly. The way back was very fun. It was intresting to ride a place you haven't ridden in a while and see how easier it seems now than before

Now, on the way back, I seemed to find like almost everybody! Past the Queca's, we found our lost lamb, Octavio, who got to the Parking lot at 9 am (half an hour later than we left), another friend riding, another friend and his family (they were hiking), another friend (I had sold him my Jekyll, actually, I recognized first the bike and then him). This was kinda weird meeting so many people on one day!

On the way back, we took another route, which I think is called 'Las Mesquitas'. This is a very pretty trail which has some nice views, some ruins here and there, and it's fun to ride it down. It has lot's of trees, leaves, and it's just awesome. Sort of like 'The Discovery' at Chiluca.

At the end of 'Las Mesquitas' we arrived at the parking lot. When we were preparing to pack the bikes, Lorena met a few friends of hers. Before she was calling me 'Mr. Sociality' or something like it. Now she was 'Mrs. Socialité' jajaja

We had some quecas there and headed home.

Another funny thing, a co-worker friend told me today that she saw me yesterday at the parking lot, she and her husband were having some breakfast over there.

Bike to the Bone...
    6-Lorena and some trees..
    7-Quecas' place... such a nice place to have some refreshments
    8-Mexican accidental implementation of NorthShore type stunts....
    9-Paco at 'Los Soldados' having some well deserved rest...
    10-Lorena riding down 'Las Mesquitas'

Bike to the Bone...
    11-Lorena and Octavio further down 'Las Mesquitas'
    12-A mesquita...

[QUOTE=1]Lalo [/QUOTE]
    did you went to the right on the quesadillas store or did you go up? to san miguel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghandalf The Grey Spammer
    [SIZE="2"]One[/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]Spam [/SIZE][SIZE="4"]To[/SIZE] [SIZE="5"]Rule[/SIZE] [SIZE="6"]Them[/SIZE] [SIZE="7"]All[/SIZE]
    ------
    Sram Mars Arms.............................................. ..... SPAM!

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by FxFvD
    did you went to the right on the quesadillas store or did you go up? to san miguel
    We went right at the quesadillas. We did about 4km from there, more or less to the Soldados or the house Zedillo built....

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by FxFvD
    When I was younger and more stupid, I rode up to San Miguel... I'll never do it again. It's plain exhausting and dumb. There is another way or so I've been told, that takes you across singletrack and it's not that steep.

The climb on the fireroad up to San Miguel is only for racers or masochists.

roberto... Nice to see you had some saddle time in company of friends... there's nothing like it. Unless you happen to be riding a new bike!
    Check my Site

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp2003
    When I was younger and more stupid, I rode up to San Miguel... I'll never do it again. It's plain exhausting and dumb. There is another way or so I've been told, that takes you across singletrack and it's not that steep.

The climb on the fireroad up to San Miguel is only for racers or masochists.

roberto... Nice to see you had some saddle time in company of friends... there's nothing like it. Unless you happen to be riding a new bike!
    Now that you're older and still more stupid, you don't want to do it? j/k We didn't go to San Miguel, but I've done almost all the climb to the watchtower and to the point where we could go to the Dinamos at the Ajusco.

BTW, I still feel my bike as new

Mexican e-rider
    Hey Warp: thats my playing ground there and I think SNT is more hard core than San Miguel, which at least has some "easy" sections. Plus, its good to go there and see "Quien es mas macho"!!!
    "Hell, the Titus Moderator can't pass a cantina without gettin' the shakes"

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by elmadaleno
    Hey Warp: thats my playing ground there and I think SNT is more hard core than San Miguel, which at least has some "easy" sections. Plus, its good to go there and see "Quien es mas macho"!!!
    Well, yeah... I just stopped played the "macho" thing a while ago... Really, there are some climbs that you wonder why you chose MTB to begin with...

San Miguel
    La Pared - SNT
    Las Eses
    etc...

I mean... if you have to climb them to have a nice descent, I'm all for it.
    Check my Site

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp2003
    Well, yeah... I just stopped played the "macho" thing a while ago... Really, there are some climbs that you wonder why you chose MTB to begin with...

San Miguel
    La Pared - SNT
    Las Eses
    etc...

I mean... if you have to climb them to have a nice descent, I'm all for it.
    Well, actually, any climb has the potentialy to become a descent....

[QUOTE=1]Lalo [/QUOTE]
    BTW i would like to know where are the mesquitas down road and when i next go there i will explore los soldados sounds intresting.

is there a map or something like a JPEG that you can post?
    [SIZE="2"]One[/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]Spam [/SIZE][SIZE="4"]To[/SIZE] [SIZE="5"]Rule[/SIZE] [SIZE="6"]Them[/SIZE] [SIZE="7"]All[/SIZE]
    ------

[QUOTE=1]Lalo [/QUOTE]
    i'm planing on go up to the san miguel (Up in the quesadillas) and from there go to the ajusco (valle de la cantimplora or SNT) if someone is intrested

it's my resolution for new year hahahahaha
    ------