Mexican e-rider

Las Cruces-San Miguel

Hey guys, just thought I would post about yesterday's ride. First off, let me say that I went with a group and I was waaaay over my head, everyone else had very good conditioning; something that I need to work on after the Guadalupe Reyes Marathon.

We met at the first Caseta in the Camino al Desierto de los Leones at 8:00 and started climbing to the Cerro San Miguel. We climbed through the main fireroad and passed the first river crossing without incident. After that the pain started...

The road from the River to the Cerro San Miguel starts to get steeper and steeper, and my shape wasn't helping at all, I had to dismount on a couple of occassons just to get up some steeps.

Fortunatelly, just when I thought my legs were going to give out, we reached the top where the deviation to the San Miguel and to the Marquesa is, this was at 650 meters above where we started, unfortunatelly my computer wasn't working so I'm not sure how long the road there was.

We went towards the Marquesa and there are two tricky intersections that you really need to know before you really start the descent. The trail is very fast singletrack at first and I was really glad I brought the Flux (my bike) at first. You really have to turn fast and slide your rear wheel on ocations.

Then I really hoped I had brought the 5 Spot (my other bike), on the lask Km of the downhill the trail reeeeally gets steep, tractions was limited and there were endos galore for everyone. Fortunatelly I managed not to land on my a$$.

This road links up to the road that goes from the desierto to the Marquesa so we pedaled back to the fireroad and then took "Disneylandia" and some other singletracks back to the cars.

Here are some interesting pictures of the route plotted in google earth and also the elevation over time (I am not included my hear rate graph because it will probably only bring alot of laughter).

Cheers

Elmadaleno
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Hell, the Titus Moderator can't pass a cantina without gettin' the shakes"

Bike to the Bone...
    Really nice to hear from you again....

I'm glad you didn't fall on your (_Y_)

It sounds a hard ride, but I bet you'll do it better next time. I did a very easy ride for this year. Are you going to the gathering?

Mexican e-rider
    Thanks, I took a few days off in the beach with the family so I was "incomunicado".

I hope to make it to this weekends ride, looks like its going to be a long one though!

Take care

Elmadaleno

"El Whatever"
    Hey Mada!!!

Glad to see you back!

If my computer was not lying (sp?) the last time we got up there, there are 12.5km from the Pluma to the top of San Miguel.

Dude, that's the mother of all climbs in Mexico City surroundings. I guess we followed the same route you did going over "La Pared" on the fireroad instead of taking the forest route which is longer but less steep.

You got to the Meteorological Station on top of San Miguel, didn't you?? Nice climb. Awesome. Someday I'll do it again.

Lemme guess... you had to dismount at the turns "paved" with broken stones to avoid erosion. I had too. That was when I was riding my trusty Turbo and I used to score 2000km a year... now I have a nicer bike but I'm a complete wuss and get lucky if I score 1000 a year. Oh, well... you live and grow old.

Are you doing "El Moabito"?? I need a raid (shameless intent for a shuttle up there)
    Check my Site

Now with 3 more inches!
    What? It's all graphs and charts here now too? I thought that was only the Turner Forum! j/k.

Looks like a mother of a climb.

Hope to see you on Sunday.

Mexican e-rider
    Warp: where do you live? I am planning on taking the La Venta-Lecher├*a Highway but let me know.

Obviosly I did it for trail conservation issues, I don't know what "Pared" you are talking about, there are only ciclo-pistas up there!

Hope Santa Clause gets here soon... the Spot is lying in pieces waiting for its new fork...

Cheers,

Mada

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by elmadaleno
    Warp: where do you live? I am planning on taking the La Venta-Lecher´┐Ż*a Highway but let me know.

Obviosly I did it for trail conservation issues, I don't know what "Pared" you are talking about, there are only ciclo-pistas up there!

Hope Santa Clause gets here soon... the Spot is lying in pieces waiting for its new fork...

Cheers,

Mada
    Well... if you're waiting for a fork, Warp has an amazing thingie that looks like a fork lurking someplace in his house. I'm thinking it would compliment your Spot right on!

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    Well... if you're waiting for a fork, Warp has an amazing thingie that looks like a fork lurking someplace in his house. I'm thinking it would compliment your Spot right on!
    You mean this one???

Ironically, I might be using it this weekend!! Seriously.

Well... if my Phaon gets here on Friday, you're free to use this Mada. No charge.

Mada... I live very close to Metro Rosario. Let me check a map and I'll let you know where could it be. Thanks!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Check my Site

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp2003
    You mean this one???

Ironically, I might be using it this weekend!! Seriously.

Well... if my Phaon gets here on Friday, you're free to use this Mada. No charge.

Mada... I live very close to Metro Rosario. Let me check a map and I'll let you know where could it be. Thanks!!!
    What happened to your Phaon?

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    What happened to your Phaon?
    A weird clanking sound in the early travel.

Magura sent me as of yesterday a new one and I sent them the defective one... all on Magura's charge.

It may be here on Friday as UPS delivers to Mexico in three days.
    Check my Site

Mexican e-rider
    Warp: that fork looks like a good match for the Spot, I am sure the 1.5 inches of travel will compliment the rear very well I would only need to weld an extension to the steerer tube!

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by elmadaleno
    Warp: that fork looks like a good match for the Spot, I am sure the 1.5 inches of travel will compliment the rear very well I would only need to weld an extension to the steerer tube!
    That is 3 full inches of travel!!!! And yes, with the steel steerer it can be welded to fit it in a larger frame. No wimpy aluminum steerer!!
    Check my Site

[QUOTE=1]Lalo [/QUOTE]
    sup judging by the map i think i did a similar route as you guys just this saturday but instead of crossing a river i went the other way (to the left in the Quesadillas store) with very very very steep slopes and got almost to the top of San Miguel BTW in the way down fell two times one didn't hurt myself but the second one did hurt my knee so i couldnt go to SNT this Monday with 545cuach and tacubaya. The original purpose of the route i was doing was to start on El Desierto And Finish On Ajusco either valle de la cantimplora or SNT didn't manage the whole route ill try next time
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghandalf The Grey Spammer
    [SIZE="2"]One[/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]Spam [/SIZE][SIZE="4"]To[/SIZE] [SIZE="5"]Rule[/SIZE] [SIZE="6"]Them[/SIZE] [SIZE="7"]All[/SIZE]
    ------
    Sram Mars Arms.............................................. ..... SPAM!