Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 122
  1. #1
    Now with 3 more inches!
    Reputation: tigerdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,464

    First Official Mexico MTBR Mini-Gathering!

    OK guys, let's get this party started right!

    The Mods did a recon mission yesterday to El Ajusco, guided by the able 545cu and ElMadaleno. and I've got to say it looks like a good place for our first little shindig.

    The Place: SNT, Ajusco (map to follow)

    The Date: Sunday, March 5th

    The Time: (to be announced)

    I'd like to do something involving camping there on the Saturday night if possible. Maybe get a Saturday afternoon ride in, too. Any takers? Any info on camping? (Edit - Camping is GO!!)

    Let's get a commemorative t-shirt, hat or some such thing put together. Who's got connections?

    How about a parts swap? Wusses 4X race? Old men's Downhill? Raffle with prizes? What do want? Tell us here!
    Last edited by tigerdog; 01-24-2006 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Camping Update

  2. #2
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,663
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdog
    OK guys, let's get this party started right!

    The Mods did a recon mission yesterday to El Ajusco, guided by the able 545cu and ElMadaleno. and I've got to say it looks like a good place for our first little shindig.

    The Place: SNT, Ajusco (map to follow)

    The Date: Sunday, March 5th

    The Time: (to be announced)

    I'd like to do something involving camping there on the Saturday night if possible. Maybe get a Saturday afternoon ride in, too. Any takers? Any info on camping?

    Let's get a commemorative t-shirt, hat or some such thing put together. Who's got connections?

    How about a parts swap? Wusses 4X race? Old men's Downhill? Raffle with prizes? What do want? Tell us here!
    I'm part of the Organizing Comitee so I can't give too much opinions, but I'd rather listen to the others.

    A 4-Wuss race would be very cool... we can even do a King of Mountain competition with a little twist... what about a price (a tire tube patch kit or a tire valve cap ) to the fastest guy UP the 4X course. More than two steps off the bike and you're out.

    Anyway, we'd love to have your impressions and ideas.

    Also, anyone knows if a BBQ can be made up there?
    Check my Site

  3. #3
    Now with 3 more inches!
    Reputation: tigerdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp2003
    A 4-Wuss race would be very cool... we can even do a King of Mountain competition with a little twist... what about a price (a tire tube patch kit or a tire valve cap ) to the fastest guy UP the 4X course. More than two steps off the bike and you're out.
    My money's on you for that one

  4. #4
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,663
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdog
    My money's on you for that one
    Sorry, boys... I'll be the referee... I have experience walking up that one! It wouldn't be fair....
    Check my Site

  5. #5
    Bike to the Bone...
    Reputation: rzozaya1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8,290
    Hey guys! How come you choose the hardest date ever?????? ehh?? answer than... I was planning on going with Jorge de Avila to Valle de Bravo on the 4th!

    Let me decide...hmmmmmm.... arrrgghh!! a camping should be great!!!!!!!

    EDIT: I was going to put my opinion of you choosing that date, but I don't want to be censored yet! Naaahhh.... let me think my priorities for that weekend..

  6. #6
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,663
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    Hey guys! How come you choose the hardest date ever?????? ehh?? answer than... I was planning on going with Jorge de Avila to Valle de Bravo on the 4th!

    Let me decide...hmmmmmm.... arrrgghh!! a camping should be great!!!!!!!
    Hey!!!

    We asked everybody if the first sunday of marhc was OK and everybody said yes!

    Somebody is stealing our dates!
    Check my Site

  7. #7
    Bike to the Bone...
    Reputation: rzozaya1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp2003
    Hey!!!

    We asked everybody if the first sunday of marhc was OK and everybody said yes!

    Somebody is stealing our dates!
    Oppps!!!! me bad! me bad!!!!!! I was thinking on feb! Big duuhhh 4 me.... DDUDUUHHHHHH


    I'll go, I'll go!!!!!! camp camp camping camping.....


    btw.. my shoulder still hurts!!!!! buaaaa!!!!!!

  8. #8
    Me hates pinchflat
    Reputation: 545cu4ch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp2003
    A 4-Wuss race would be very cool... we can even do a King of Mountain competition with a little twist... what about a price (a tire tube patch kit or a tire valve cap )
    Thats cheap...

  9. #9
    Now with 3 more inches!
    Reputation: tigerdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,464

    Treasure Hunt

    We could also have a treasure hunt:

    See who can find Warp's Magura Phantom Fork

  10. #10
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,663
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdog
    We could also have a treasure hunt:

    See who can find Warp's Magura Phantom Fork
    Yeah... the one who find it will get as prize a fantastic SR Suntour XCP-75... all elastomers and gunk inside. With some unbelievable useless 75mm travel and the crappiest performance you can desire from a fork!!!
    Check my Site

  11. #11
    Bike to the Bone...
    Reputation: rzozaya1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8,290
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdog
    We could also have a treasure hunt:

    See who can find Warp's Magura Phantom Fork
    Yep... it would be like searching for (and expecting to find) the last live T-Rexx...

  12. #12
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,663
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    Yep... it would be like searching for (and expecting to find) the last live T-Rexx...
    My wife says my fork is as real as Santa Claus...
    Check my Site

  13. #13
    Bike to the Bone...
    Reputation: rzozaya1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp2003
    My wife says my fork is as real as Santa Claus...
    BTW, any news on your fork? at least an estimated date?

  14. #14
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,663
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    BTW, any news on your fork? at least an estimated date?
    No news... sent thru USPS... I dare you to try to get an estimated date off from the Servicio Postal Mexicano....
    Check my Site

  15. #15
    Bike to the Bone...
    Reputation: rzozaya1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp2003
    No news... sent thru USPS... I dare you to try to get an estimated date off from the Servicio Postal Mexicano....
    ETA: sometime during 2006...... hopefully

  16. #16
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,663
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    ETA: sometime during 2006...... hopefully
    "Pirates of Chiluca - The Curse ofthe Silver Suntour"

    It could be worst... I was very close to sell the Suntour off....
    Check my Site

  17. #17
    locked - time out
    Reputation: Captain Jack Sparrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    311

    Cambio de identidad..

    Hola soy yo correegido y aumentado... este nombre tiene mas identidad que el otro... saludos!

  18. #18
    Bike to the Bone...
    Reputation: rzozaya1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8,290
    Quote Originally Posted by ROCKY_RENE
    Hola soy yo correegido y aumentado... este nombre tiene mas identidad que el otro... saludos!
    qué es eso de correegido???? mas bien, a la mejor lo de identidad si te lo creo :P

  19. #19
    locked - time out
    Reputation: Captain Jack Sparrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    qué es eso de correegido???? mas bien, a la mejor lo de identidad si te lo creo :P
    Si es de sabios cambiar de opinión o mejor dicho... el que corrige diso lo ayuda ?

    SI se me va alguan letra es que tengo guantes para el fr*o....

  20. #20
    Dysfuncional Rider
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    70
    You need to have a good hard fork.

  21. #21
    Bike to the Bone...
    Reputation: rzozaya1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8,290
    Hey guys, any news on this? Or are we just going to let this meeting go unnoticed?

  22. #22
    Now with 3 more inches!
    Reputation: tigerdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    Hey guys, any news on this? Or are we just going to let this meeting go unnoticed?
    As far as I'm concerned, it's on!

    Let's have a pow-wow this weekend about getting stuff organazized. BBQ, hats, t-shirts, thongs, whatever.

    I'm a little disappointed we won't be able to do the SR Suntour throwing contest, although the first Warp commemorative 4x tabletop hillclimb is a must!

    I definitely want to go Saturday and camp. Anyone else?

    Hello, 1-2, 1-2, is this microphone on? Come on people.

  23. #23
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,663
    I'm on it...

    Yeah... thongs would be cool... I mean, for the non-married guys.
    Check my Site

  24. #24
    Bike to the Bone...
    Reputation: rzozaya1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8,290
    Let's then do the Phaon throwing contest... whoever get's it aligned into the right headset wins a semi-new SwitchBlade!

    Let's do the 4X stuff again but we'll give Warp a motocross or something so he can get up!

    Well.. actually... I didn't climb that, so I don't know what I'm bragging about.

  25. #25
    Bike to the Bone...
    Reputation: rzozaya1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8,290
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    Let's then do the Phaon throwing contest... whoever get's it aligned into the right headset wins a semi-new SwitchBlade!

    Let's do the 4X stuff again but we'll give Warp a motocross or something so he can get up!

    Well.. actually... I didn't climb that, so I don't know what I'm bragging about.
    As to camp, I'm 99% sure I'm on! We would just need to know if we would need to walk all our stuff from the trailhead to the campsite or not. So, it would be a saturday hike, sunday ride

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •