Thread: DF rentals

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

DF rentals

Can anyone please recomend to me a half decent bike shop in DF that rents out bikes. Are there any shops close to chiluca or Ajusco, that would be cool....Ive checked out some local shop and club sites but I haven't really found anything, and all I have access to is a 15' trek and being a 5 foot tall woman that big ass bike makes for a tough ride....The help would be great, thanks.

Now with 3 more inches!
    Quote Originally Posted by shannymangos
    Can anyone please recomend to me a half decent bike shop in DF that rents out bikes. Are there any shops close to chiluca or Ajusco, that would be cool....Ive checked out some local shop and club sites but I haven't really found anything, and all I have access to is a 15' trek and being a 5 foot tall woman that big ass bike makes for a tough ride....The help would be great, thanks.
    I don't know any rental places, but Warp or others might. Somebody might have a loaner out there. Unfortunately, the smallest frame in our house is a 17". Of course that's considerably smaller than a 15 foot Trek (sorry, I couldn't help it).

"El Whatever"
    There are some rental bikes at Ajusco... all of them Wally-World Specials. Mexican cheap bikes are sized around a 17"...

I can get you a loaner... but it's a 17" too. RUNNING_WILD has a GT in 16" size, he's like 5' 5" and it's a hardtail, the saddle can go all the way down.

Bike Rental is a business that was tried in the past with little or no success. Maybe nowadays it would be a better idea, especially for shops close to riding places as you mention.

If you're still interested, please let us know.

Good luck!
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    May 2004

Zooper Bike in Chiluca...

...does rentals, but I'm not sure what kind of bikes exactly the have, I do think it is higher quality ones than they have in el ajusco though.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Thanks...

For the offers, I.guess a bigger bike isnt so bad, I used to ride a bike that was way too big for me but nothing beats that perfect fit, especially if your going all day. I'll definately check out that shop in chiluca. I wont be in df for about a month but if things don't work out with rentals maybe i'll have to take you up on that loaner warp, renting is just easier 'cause it isn't someones baby even though I respect all bikes......
    Thanks for keeping me in line on my system of measurement T dawg... It's good to have some one to pull you back into reality when inches become feet, yesterday blends with tommorow and you realize your in the wrong bathroom trying to use a urinal for the first time, gee life is confusing.....

"El Whatever"
    It's good to have some one to pull you back into reality when inches become feet.....
    My wife is that person for me... she always reminds me of the diff between inches and feet... LOL!!!!
    Check my Site

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by eyderman
    ...does rentals, but I'm not sure what kind of bikes exactly the have, I do think it is higher quality ones than they have in el ajusco though.
    Zooper bike sells Kona and Fuji (at least they did when I went there), so it's probably that they rent them.

http://www.zooperbike.com.mx/

If you come to Mexico give us a message and you could join us and we can show you some trails.

Me hates pinchflat
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp2003
    There are some rental bikes at Ajusco... all of them Wally-World Specials. Mexican cheap bikes are sized around a 17"...

Good luck!
    That is true, although sometimes (not always) I have seen decent bikes for rental. I have seen a (old) Gary Fisher Marlin, all XT and SID on front and a (old too) Specialized FSR XC, with a SID on front too. However, they charge 50 pesos an hour.
    The other day I saw a bunch of Santa Cruz Hecklers and Blurs there and I asked if they were for rental or they were from costumers. The guy told me they charged 100 pesos an hour. I was getting excited but then he told me he was joking.

Dysfuncional Rider
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    Zooper bike sells Kona and Fuji (at least they did when I went there), so it's probably that they rent them.

Nope....I asked at Zooper last year for a friend, and they said they donĀ“t hire them.