Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Clean up..

910 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Warp 
#1 ·
Just to distinguish myself from the motorbikes.. I did my first basura (rubbish) ride, I didn´t tell the other guys (bit of a cock up in the communication department), but I took a bigger back pack and a couple of shopping bags. At the Spring in the discovery I found some more rubbish...so I grabbed my bag and some of the guys with me grabbed some rubbish too, we packed it..plastic is pretty light, and I fitted one bag inside and Edgar who was also very enthusiastic took the other from me.

I think it would be nice if someone could make a sign saying please keep this area beautiful, take your rubbish home.(In spanish of course..) I´d carry it in...

Well from now on every discovery trail will be a rubbish collection trail for me, and it´s nice to leave the place better than you found it, five minutes work a trip..no worries.!

#2 ·
Nice idea.... I'll carry a bag or two with me everytime I ride.

If we clean a single place a bit each time we ride, we could have a clean forest in short term.

The Xinte guys had made Basura rides each now and then. If we make it an habit, we could keep the forest clean.

This is a good idea for all the riders and all the trails. You don't have to look like Santa on Christmas night... just a little bag properly kept in your Camelback or tied to your frame.

And most important of it... not to leave you own souvenirs on the trail (no energy bars envelopes, no gatorade bottles, no punctured tubes, etc).

Thanks for the heads up, Aids!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.