mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Anywhere to ride in Valle de Guadalupe?

My wife (she's Mexicana) and will be attending two weddings near Valle De Guadalupe this June. Would really love to squeeze in a few mountain bike rides if possible. I can bring my bike, so no rental needed.

Just need advice on whether or not there are any trails, and whether or not it will be worth it to bring my bike.

Also, hotel and vineyard recommendations for extra bonus points.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Well now where?, pos ora por donde ? , ora pro nobis ?

In which Valle de Guadalupe? , what state?, we have several Valle de Guadalupe in Mexico.

Regards.
    the last biker

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Oh yah. Sorry. Baja California Norte.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Hola amigo look I'm from tijuana mexico been many times in valle de guadalupe is a great place especially for mtb..(bring your bike) one of the hotels that I can recommend is Encuentro Guadalupe is specially great place to relax,eat and also enjoy nature,even they planning to make trails for mtb if you're interested see page encuentro guadalupe.com or if have any questions or want to mtb you can contact me...!!!adios

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Thank you Tracer26. My wife is from Guadalajara but lived in TJ for 13 years before moving to Colorado. We love TJ! Best restaurants in the world! Taco's Ermita!!!

So, is there already a trail system in Valle de Guadalupe? How will I know where to ride?

That hotel looks very nice. Thanks for the recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by tracer26 View Post
    Hola amigo look I'm from tijuana mexico been many times in valle de guadalupe is a great place especially for mtb..(bring your bike) one of the hotels that I can recommend is Encuentro Guadalupe is specially great place to relax,eat and also enjoy nature,even they planning to make trails for mtb if you're interested see page encuentro guadalupe.com or if have any questions or want to mtb you can contact me...!!!adios

karmacoma
    Theres probably some really good riding as tracer26 says, problem is theres not going to be any trail markers and finding them will most likely involve a lot of asking around for directions.

For hotel heres my suggestions:
    Endémico
    This place is on my "to-do" list

Adobe Guadalupe
    This place also makes some of the best wine in the region

As for wine, Casa de Piedra is suppoused to be really good, but quite expensive, Monte Xanic is always a safe bet, but I like to taste some of the smaller boutique brands that dont get much press. But thats always a gamble.
    downtepec & biketepetl riding monkeys - trademark, all rights reserved

Ricky
    Nov 2008
    I'm from Ensenada, just a couple of miles from Valle de Guadalupe. There are actually 3 or 4 XC tracks in the area, with nice trails. But all of them are on private land, there is acces to all of them, you just need to ask for permition. There is a nice racing scene in the Ensenada area. But not much of a marked trail network. You kinda need somebody to show you. I would happily do it. But I'm kinda "Bike-less" right now, since I have some people break in on my home and get a nice 5 thousand dlls Carbon Bike.

You may want to email me ricky.x5@gmail.com and I can point to you to the right people.

Also, I'm with an organization that promote a 100K race that goes accros the area, So, I ride the area pretty often.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Thanks rickyx5. Will write to you at your email.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyx5 View Post
    I'm from Ensenada, just a couple of miles from Valle de Guadalupe. There are actually 3 or 4 XC tracks in the area, with nice trails. But all of them are on private land, there is acces to all of them, you just need to ask for permition. There is a nice racing scene in the Ensenada area. But not much of a marked trail network. You kinda need somebody to show you. I would happily do it. But I'm kinda "Bike-less" right now, since I have some people break in on my home and get a nice 5 thousand dlls Carbon Bike.

You may want to email me ricky.x5@gmail.com and I can point to you to the right people.

Also, I'm with an organization that promote a 100K race that goes accros the area, So, I ride the area pretty often.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Hello rickyx5,
    Sorry to butt in here - I am also looking for mountain biking routes in Valle de Guadalupe. I don't have anything set in mind, but I think a long ride from Ensenada to Valle de Guadalupe would be amazing, if there is such road.
    Would you mind sharing some thoughts? Thanks a lot for the valuable info!

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Hello gfowkes,
    I'm curious about your experience - did you end up going?
    I will be in Valle de Guadalupe next weekend (weekend of Memorial Day), but I'm staying in Ensenada (already booked a hotel there). Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gfowkes View Post
    Thanks rickyx5. Will write to you at your email.

Ricky
    Nov 2008
    You can do that ride on the road or off road .. my email is up there .. I can tell you how. to do it

Ricky
    Nov 2008
    It is a 20miles ride on the road to get to Valle de Guadalupe, It is kinda safe, and you could do some wine testing and get back.

On the Off Road it is like 17 miles, to get to San Antonio de las minas, I suggest you that from San Antonio, you get to el Porvenir Road, going to Valle de Guadalupe, and have more options for wine testing on that little road .. hehehe. Just kinding.

Send me a mail. I´ll be close to the area working on some trails

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Yes, we made it to the Valle De Guadalupe, but sadly, between family parties and weddings, I had no time to ride. Nevertheless, what a great place! We eat well. We drank well. The terrain looks ideal for mountain biking. Can't wait to come back, and have more time to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by isaac_roro View Post
    Hello gfowkes,
    I'm curious about your experience - did you end up going?
    I will be in Valle de Guadalupe next weekend (weekend of Memorial Day), but I'm staying in Ensenada (already booked a hotel there). Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!