Beep, Beep...

New question here. Am I going to make a mistake ??...

Hi guys,

I want to change the fork of my bike (Yeti AS-R SL). Actually, it has a Marzocchi Marathon SL and I want to change it for a Fox 100X (with the Terralogic feature). What do you think ?. Is it a good idea ?. Which fork would you recommend to improve the performance of the bike (more control and stability when descending) ?.

Cheers,

Fidel

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vizcaino
    Hi guys,

I want to change the fork of my bike (Yeti AS-R SL). Actually, it has a Marzocchi Marathon SL and I want to change it for a Fox 100X (with the Terralogic feature). What do you think ?. Is it a good idea ?. Which fork would you recommend to improve the performance of the bike (more control and stability when descending) ?.

Cheers,

Fidel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fidel :
    Stay with the Marzocchi Marathon SL , for your especific performance (more control and stability when descending) the Zocchi is much better that the F 100 X , in other case (climb & sprints ) the Fox is the winner , nobody is perfect .

the last biker

locked - time out
    Marzocchi is better than fox.... in especific the marathon series...

Keep the fork in this pretty bike!

"El Whatever"
    Stay on Zoke's ground... but I advised for it, so my opinion doesn't really count.

What's what you don't like about the SL?? Maybe you need to play with your compression and rebound settings.

Run it on the DH-AM/DH mode for descents. I can't think on how would be possible not to find a sweet spot with 4 air chambers and adjustable compression/rebound damping.

There's one chamber on the SL that controls the progression of the air spring (at the bottom of the left leg??). Increasing your positive spring pressure will give you more travel and more bottoming resistance. Remember your fork is 120mm unless you pump enough air into the negative chamber to make it sink into travel as much as you virtually want.

I'd start setting sag and travel on the left leg. Then, adjust for compression and rebound. Once those parameters are set, adjust for spring progression on the left leg and if that doesn't is enough, playing with the air pressure on the TST leg.

BTW... If you remove TST cap and pull out of the fork the spring and detent ball, you can have basically infinite adjustment of compression blow-off valve settings (red: infinite TST adjustments, not just five).

If that's not enough, you can play with the oil weight of the TST and oil level of the TST leg (not oil volume in the TST cart itself).

If everything mentioned above fails... get a RS Reba Race and go back to square one.

Friends don't let friends to ride Terralogics... ask Madaleno. He had the Float XTT and dump it in favor of a Revelation. He saved money and he was happy... until he test rode Tigerdog's Marathons S

Rocky_Rene had an EXR (the most basic Zoke fork worth riding) and came away impressed. He feels it's close on performance with his Vanilla.
    Check my Site