Thread: advice

[QUOTE=1]Lalo [/QUOTE]

advice

i need opinions on you guys im going to buy a new bike it's going to be either a Hardrock Specialized Comp Disc 2005 or Yakuza Chimpira Ironhorse and i've just seen b1 bikes look nice but a hig price what do you advice me to buy i want a good XC and not so good on freeride but something that can resist some banging

thanksss
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghandalf The Grey Spammer
    [SIZE="2"]One[/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]Spam [/SIZE][SIZE="4"]To[/SIZE] [SIZE="5"]Rule[/SIZE] [SIZE="6"]Them[/SIZE] [SIZE="7"]All[/SIZE]
    ------
    Sram Mars Arms.............................................. ..... SPAM!

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by FxFvD
    i need opinions on you guys im going to buy a new bike it's going to be either a Hardrock Specialized Comp Disc 2005 or Yakuza Chimpira Ironhorse and i've just seen b1 bikes look nice but a hig price what do you advice me to buy i want a good XC and not so good on freeride but something that can resist some banging

thanksss
    I'd say go for the Ironhorse. But I'm biased, I like brands that offer a lot of bike for the money and in my shortlist are Giant, Ironhorse and Jamis.

No one will offer you more bike for your money.
    I think Specializeds are overrated and overpriced, especially in Mexico.

If you plan on dropping off from anything, the Yakuza will be better. The Hardrock isn't in the same league... you'd have to take a look at the P series instead.

Have you taken a look at the Warrior Race instead?? Seems like it would be better suited for you.
    Check my Site

Mexican e-rider
    If you are going big, get a Turner 6 Pack. I have a veeery small bias though
    "Hell, the Titus Moderator can't pass a cantina without gettin' the shakes"

mtbr member
    If your looking for a nice built bike with good specs, you can also check the Norco line (same as Warp, I am biased with this brand), either the Six or Fluid depending of how aggressive you are; both will last you forever.

Bike Stop is the distributor in Mexico ( http://www.bikestop.com.mx/index2.html ). I gave them a call at the end of 2005, and they managed to put Norco┬┤s at a very decent price.

For example:

A Norco Six 3 $1600 CAD + tax (in Canada), was $18,000 Mex + iva
    A Norco Six 2 $2300 CAD + tax (in Canada), was $26,000 Mex + iva

Taxes in Canada are about than in Mexico. (if you manage to buy it from the US, you can get better prices than in Canada, though)

Considering that CAD is almost $9.40 Pesos I think this is a very reasonable price.

I was going to buy my bike with them. Fortunately for me, a friend of mine brought me a 2005 Six at a very low price. Had I not had my good friend, i would definitively got it from Bike Stop. U should give them a call.

Take a look at Norco; they lighten up the SIX to make it more competitive in the trail/AM market. It is supposed to be more versatile than the 2005 freeride model.

The Fluid is another model worthy to look for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    ...es como acomodarte los calzones, seguro lo puede hacer alguien pero es mejor que lo haga uno mismo

[QUOTE=1]Lalo [/QUOTE]
    yep ironhorse look resistant bikes but my budget is around 6500 pesos but have you looked to this years hardrock comp disc it isn't that bad Comp Disc
    also i viewed a review of a Be one Hornet (2004) it looked very very nice but theres a high price maybe i can boost my budget a little bit.

also,,,

i can obtain a good price from any Merida bike www.merida.com if i would buy one which one do you recomend?

cheers
    [SIZE="2"]One[/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]Spam [/SIZE][SIZE="4"]To[/SIZE] [SIZE="5"]Rule[/SIZE] [SIZE="6"]Them[/SIZE] [SIZE="7"]All[/SIZE]
    ------

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by FxFvD
    yep ironhorse look resistant bikes but my budget is around 6500 pesos but have you looked to this years hardrock comp disc it isn't that bad Comp Disc
    also i viewed a review of a Be one Hornet (2004) it looked very very nice but theres a high price maybe i can boost my budget a little bit.

also,,,

i can obtain a good price from any Merida bike www.merida.com if i would buy one which one do you recomend?

cheers
    Unless you can get a SERIOUSLY good price on a Merida, I'd stay away from them. They're overpriced here locally. But in that case, the Matts DJ III Disc would be like the thing you're looking for.

Again... how far do you want to go with the bike?
    Any drops, jumps and aggressive riding?? You'd be better with a P Series or the Yakuza you mentioned.
    Check my Site

[QUOTE=1]Lalo [/QUOTE]
    i'll see about the price of matts dj III but i think better not go merida i would've liked a norco buts its to high the price thanks for the recomendation though i am convised about the yakuza but does it work for moderate XC? and what about the Hardrock┬┐? and i have two other options the Warrior that warp mentioned and a Be One Hornet Plus

i might boost my budget up to 9000 pesos so maybe i can afford a more glamorous bike

EDIT: forgot to say i would like this bike for aprox 70 % XC 30% FR
    Last edited by FxFvD; 02-08-2006 at 05:06 PM.
    ------

Me hates pinchflat
    Quote Originally Posted by elmadaleno
    Lol..

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by elmadaleno

For a moment I thought you were about to suggest a Highline...
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    I currently have a sort of Mats 500, I think you can buy Merida from $6500, mine went for $8500, for the money it was my best choice at that time; for durability... well, lets say that for some time it seemed I was more of a Free style crasher than rider... (frontal dismount, rockgarden/downhill eject avoid this, it is quiet painfull, etc...) and the bike still is in better shape than the engine...! I don't find v-brakes to be a disadvantage, but what would I know? Aniway I don't think you will find to much difference in the up to 10000 range, better have a look and see wich geometry feels more comfortable and wich one you like the best.
    I would endorse the Merida choice if you are going for a hardtail it is a good bike, for F/S I don't know but I'm going for a Turner Flux, one of this days.

moaaar shimz
    i'll take advantage of this post to ask for an advice myself.

My budget is of 600 dollars and these are the options i've seen:

06 Iron Horse Warrior Expert
    05 Giant Iguana (my first choice)
    06 Haro V4

Does anyone have another suggestion or a good bike around that price?

thanks

moaaar shimz