mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Where is everyone!

Man, the Maverick forum is dead!!! No posts in over a week. No rumors, no facts, no fiction, and Interbike is just days away. Will Maverick be there with something new, anything????

BMJ
    "42 lbs and climbing!"
    If they're like me, they've given up.

simple
    Quote Originally Posted by BMJ
    If they're like me, they've given up.

there are plenty of big 29er forks out there now.

Personally, Maverick to me is about the complete package, the bike, and not the fork or the Speedball.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ragman
    Man, the Maverick forum is dead!!! No posts in over a week. No rumors, no facts, no fiction, and Interbike is just days away. Will Maverick be there with something new, anything????
    Everyone is riding... Better than all the other whiners on the other manufacturer forums who just can't keep their ride going and spend their time on the forums

I talked to Ethan a couple of weeks ago and they (Maverick) are not going to Interbike this year.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Maverick will not be at Interbike, they will however be at http://outerbike.com
    Randy

mtbr member
    that bodes well - if they have anything new at this event, then i imagine it's probably also demo-ready ...

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcharrette
    Maverick will not be at Interbike, they will however be at http://outerbike.com

A lot of companiew are not going to be there too. Giant, and Trek for example are not there. Only the dirt demo.

mtbr member
    I'm a big maverick Fan when it comes to forks. I ride hard tails only not really it to the full suspension bikes and I ride 29ers.

In FTF We Trust
    I'm a (nearly) exclusive 29er rider too and it would cause me some financial problems if Maverick ever came out with a 29er fs frame. I was contemplating selling my ML8 with the Totem lately since I hadn't ridden it in two years. I gave it a look-see and tune up and took it on a pity ride last weekend and came to the conclusion I just can't sell it. I may swap on a DUC fork if I can get a deal on one but the bike just works too well.

Anecdotally, I built up a snazzy Cannondale Carbon Rush with a Lefty last Fall to try 26" wheels again and sold it after one ride to build up a Mooto-X YBB 29er. The Mav is the only 26" bike I see myself riding any time soon.
    "I'll disintegrate over time if I expect my body to try to keep up with my mind" -BM

Race, Rocks or Road...Just Ride

T.W.O.
    Love my ML8, I own many bikes and truly it's my go to bike, I'm about to put on a bit more weight on that bike as I just got another set of Hammerschmidt, it would be a sweet combo.

I'm also swapping out the Duc32 for a longer Magura Wotan(still waiting for Duc36) Technically, it should fit 650b/2.35 neomoto. on a Velocity P35 rim, it would be fat and tall, so I'd keep my finger cross. I'll keep it posted

mtbr member
    I really want a Duc 36 for my 29er if its going to be 5" travel or so. I'm just worried about the price tag. LOL I just blew the right seal out of my duc 32 tonight to so **** happens and I'm pretty sure that once the 36 comes out every one will be back.

mtbr member
    well, i'm curious to hear (maverick) news from outerbike, but i can't find any photos anywhere - i guess everybody's out riding or partying ...

ragetty

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Ok, I've been keeping this to myself as I didn't know if it was alright to "spill the beans", but I have it on the best authority that Maverick will be coming out with a 29'er next year. I e-mailed Ethan with some questions about 2x10 setup and he volunteered that this is a definite project, not just an idea.
    Here is a quote from him: "Oh, its definite! Not sure for an eta, but we hope for mid next year. It be totally different than all of our bikes. Still use a monolink but much engineered, it will use a mtb front der, 4” travel, all new shock (36mm dia) super short chain stays that can handle 2.4” tires, alloy frame with tapered head tube. More to come, it will handle the 2X10 without mods…though!"
    Maybe they will have some prototypes or pictures soon. As for me, I can't wait! Ethan, if you read this, I hope I didn't devulge any company secrets.

In FTF We Trust
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Griffith
    ...I have it on the best authority that Maverick will be coming out with a 29'er next year...
    Well, dammit! I'm not sure to be excited or upset; I better start salting money away in the new bike fund now. I really don't need another bike but this is one that, if it's made, I might just have to buy. Frankly, I'm hoping it leans toward XC since the Lunchbox isn't getting replaced as my trail bike.
    "I'll disintegrate over time if I expect my body to try to keep up with my mind" -BM

Race, Rocks or Road...Just Ride

mtbr member
    FWIW, I was riding porcupine on Monday and saw the van and trailer parked at the bottom. I didn't see any of the crew anywhere so I don't know much more than that, but they were there.