mtbr member
    Oct 2005

New question here. What is going on with this SC32 lockout knob..

I just got this fork in the mail from the previous owner and I found the knob on the right, pooping out from the fork tube..

What do I do,..?
    the rod moves up and down, but not all the way to the bottom, plus it does not turn at all (with moderate force at least)

Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    It looks like the damper rod bolt is missing which threads into the damper rod. The adjuster rod is showing so it needs to be threaded into the damper rod. You will have to rebuilt the damper. It is easier that you think. Read and follow the manual.
    You will need a fork rebuild kit.

MAVERICK - Products

http://www.maverickbike.com/cms_images/file_15.pdf

Also contact Ethan Franklin
    mavericksuspension@gmail.com
    He should have all the parts you need
    Last edited by voob; 11-15-2012 at 04:40 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I think all you have to do is take it apart and put it back together. The little screw (2mm hex tool) just came loose or out. May have to look for it in the oil if it came out. I will post some pictures later. I had mine apart yesterday and forgot to put that screw in all the way. The lock down tube came out just like yours.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    You guys are always the most helpful, polite and informative in all the MTBR forums, thanks for all the information, this forks are going on a fatbike I'm building so I don't want to waste any snow, maybe I will take them apart during the week..

Any bigger pictures and hints will be great

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    The end of the small screw without threads goes through the slot in the lock down rod. This holds the rod in but allows it to turn for the lock down. I am plugging the two holes in the damper rod. I am extending the travel and I can't have these holes go out of the seal head or I lose the oil.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What is going on with this SC32 lockout knob..-image.jpg  

Last edited by geweber; 11-15-2012 at 10:32 AM.