mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Tell me about Maverick Comp DS?

I was looking at getting the Maverick Comp DS bike from Sportschek up here in Toronto, Canada for $350....anybody have opinions on it?

I am just starting to get into mb.....not really going to do any major trails..
    So thought getting something entry level might be better to start..

How's the components on that bike? its got the V-brakes instead of disc brake...I assume disc brakes would be better?

_dw
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    This is an entry level mountain bike. It is made for purely recreational use, not for jumping, hard riding, or anything like that. If you are riding on sidewalks and the occasional ride on fire roads with the family, then this is the bike for you. If you are planning to ride agressively at all, a Warrior series bike would be a much better choice.

Hope this helps

Dave
    dw★link
    Split Pivot
    @daveweagle -Twitter

mtbr member
    May 2006
    how about the iron horse warrior team FS selling at sportchek? can u go ride more agressively? or is it also a entry level mtb taht cost like 300bucks more

_dw
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by yeppi
    how about the iron horse warrior team FS selling at sportchek? can u go ride more agressively? or is it also a entry level mtb taht cost like 300bucks more
    edit:

The 5" travel Warrior is a great frame, and is made to ride more aggressively in the woods, but the one that Sport Chek is selling is identical to a Maverick, It really should only be used for recreational use.

Dave
    Last edited by _dw; 07-02-2006 at 10:49 AM.
    dw★link
    Split Pivot
    @daveweagle -Twitter

mtbr member
    May 2006
    but the thing is that ppl say that warrior bike that sportchek sell is the frame of the maverick .. cuz the pivot point is behind the seat tube

_dw
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by yeppi
    but the thing is that ppl say that warrior bike that sportchek sell is the frame of the maverick .. cuz the pivot point is behind the seat tube
    You are totally right. I had no idea that the canadian distributor had a 4" model with the Warrior name. The 4" frame is really designed only for recreational riding, but the 5" frame can take more aggressive use.

Sorry for the misinformation earlier, my bad.

Dave
    dw★link
    Split Pivot
    @daveweagle -Twitter