mtbr member

Talk about understated!

Hokay, this community..you guys, are either verry understated or are keeping it all hush-hush. Last night I mounted my new Duc32 onto my 06 Heckler. Due to lack of time at the shop and no size 30 tool to open them they have not been serviced (need more rebound damping and a bit of slow compression fettling). Ummm....no new fork should have the right to work as it does!!! No!! That is just silly!! Just say NO to drugs!! Wait...what?
    Getting back on track though......um WOW!!! The bike feels balanced all of a sudden, even though I know I still have to fine tune it. My 36 Talas has been eraced from my bikes memory. So thank you all who persuaded me to pick it!!!

Schipperkes are cool.
    Hush hush, damnit.

30 tool? WTH is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.
    I ride so slow, your Garmin will shut off.

mtbr member
    you know it is funny.......i have tried to sell a number of people on the pleasures of maverick....bikes and forks. it is always surprising too me how resistant most people are. i agree that the production issues are screwy and hopefully are going to be squared away now with the new owners. but the performance of the product is really special. i finally got my girlfriend on a durance (she went on and on and on about blur's, etc....) now she is a huge proponent....it only took a couple years for me to get through to her. i had been encouraging her neighbors as well.....same deal, ignore. then the wife rode my girlfriends bike.....shazaam. that's ok, i don't think everyone deserves the experience!!
    ;-)

Schipperkes are cool.
    Simple, you have to ride the Maverick to appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.
    I ride so slow, your Garmin will shut off.

mtbr member

... and if we just ... Need to ride a maverick to apreciate it.

In 2003 I wanted a Cannondale Scalpel after ridding one. Then got to ride a Klein Palomino and it had a better ride for me, so bought it. I rode a Blur but it didn't "feel right" for me. I really wanted a Maverick as I liked the design but had never ridden one. Went to Colorado 4 weeks ago and rode a Durance in my size and said:"Yep this is gonna be my new ride!" The ride was similar to my Klein but the DUC made the big difference. A Maverick has to be ridden to be apreciated!.............But let me warn you once you've ridden it, you're hooked!!

mtbr member
    Never thought I would say it...but my DHX5 feels...rough compared to the Duc32

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by banks
    Hush hush, damnit.

30 tool? WTH is that?
    must mean the [strikethrough]32mm[/strikethrough] 26mm / 1.0 inch wrench for the upper stanchion (don't forget the 21mm, too for the piston head seal).

-- f9a
    Last edited by font9a; 08-12-2008 at 05:11 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0