Schipperkes are cool.

Good job! Speedball remote Kit

FYI, the Maverick Speedball Remote Kit is trickling into shops.
    I have installed one to a older post; 15 minutes to string it!
    As long as the back of the seat post head is drilled and tapped, buy the kit for $40ish and have a blast!

Scoty
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.

starladear
    Feb 2004
    That's a pretty nifty idea those speedballs, but why are they on laidback seatposts. Is'nt the reason they created those was to offset the seat post when it was up from going back more and then you drop for techy stuff. I use a zero offset and drop mine when a long tech section appears but for the most part I could probably leave it where it is and still handle most downhills. I'm glad to see maverick still on the cutting edge but those posts need to be zero offset.

Hoops - Big and Small

Bontrager Head

Quote Originally Posted by starladear
    I'm glad to see maverick still on the cutting edge but those posts need to be zero offset.
    I don't have the SpeedBall but I do have the same post head - You can run it backwards for a slightly forward offset.

Maybe banks has some experience mounting it up this way.

Thats the way I run mine, because of the new mono-link on my old ML7 putting the BB even more forward.

Schipperkes are cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash_Burn
    Maybe banks has some experience mounting it up this way.

I guess that you 'could' turn the whole post around 180* . The remote cable would be in the front of the post, but it 'should' work the same.

Scoty

Insanity later
    I've just had my remote fitted too. Absolutely love it!! Using the speedball without the remote is kind of like buying a fork and leaving it locked out. (I've done that enough too BTW). You're only getting half the benefit. I found myself using the remote all the time for those little rollers on the way down. Before it was a real hassle to reach under the seat.

Definitely recommended

Where are You ?
    Mar 2007
    Hey ...

Been trying this seat mover for a while now. All in all, It's awesome on any trail that has ups and downs on any UP and DOWN. Having said that, I think the seat clamp could be better. I installed mine on the New Spesh Enduor SL tighned really tight and sometimes on small fast drops, the seat buckles back. Also, not gettting full travel on the Up motion by almost a half inch.

Don't get me wrong, I would still recomment it !

Just observations... I have the remote version.

L8ters....

Schipperkes are cool.
    Make sure to grease the seat clamp and get it Tight; I have had no issues in 3 years of my saddle slipping.

Follow the Maverick PDF for burping the post. If the threaded seal head collar is too tight, it will not allow smooth movement.