MTBR member-at-large

Sizing Question for Matic

I'll try to keep this simple. . .

I'm 5'-8" with a 30" inseam.

I like climbing as much as descending, and many of my local trails are very steep, rocky climbs, so I want to be sure I get the right fit for me.

My current ride is a 2007 KHC XC Team full suspension w/ 4" in front and rear, with a Effective TT of 23" and a 90mm stem. Geometry is: HA: 70; SA: 73. I really love how this climb climbs (with upgrade Fox RP23 rear shock), but I'm looking for a bike that's stiffer in the BB, and a bit more "planted" feeling on the DH.

Question: Would the 2009 Matic in size medium be a good fit (with a 75-80 mm stem), or should I go with a 2010 Durance in a size small?

Normally I would try to get a test ride to make this determination but since the nearest Maverick dealer is over 200 miles away that's not very pratical.

Thanks in advance for any advise!

-TP
    Better at pedaling than typing

mtbr member
    I am 5'7" with 30" inseam and ride a Medium ML8 with 75mm stem, but have demo'd the Durance numerous times and it is an awesome bike. My vote goes to the Medium Durance for your size, especially in use with 70 or 75mm stem. You my get away with the Small Matic, but I think it will still be too short for you, especially in combination with 70ish stem.

So, my recommendation would be either Matic or Durance in Medium.

Gentleman Loser
    Quote Originally Posted by ThornPatch
    I'm 5'-8" with a 30" inseam.
    I am the same size and I ride a medium with a 70mm stem.