• 01-13-2013
    Wasmachineman NL
    Sell my Fuel and get a ML7?
    I do like those Mav's quite a bit, So should I sell my Fuel 90 and get a Mav ML7? How does the Monolink ride vs the single-pivot with rockerlink on the Trek?
  • 01-14-2013
    voob
    Get a used Durance it is much better then the ML7 and have Ethan (mavericksuspension@gmail.com) rebuild your rear shock.
    At 5" travel it is a better climber then anything I 've tried, including the ML7
  • 01-15-2013
    geweber
    I agree with voob. Get a Durance or the ML8. I have all three and I almost always ride the ML8.
  • 01-15-2013
    Wasmachineman NL
    Quote:

Originally Posted by geweber View Post
    I agree with voob. Get a Durance or the ML8. I have all three and I almost always ride the ML8.

Good luck getting a Durance or even a Maverick bike in The Netherlands, they are as rare as winning the Staatsloterij Jackpot here.
  • 01-15-2013
    ragetty
    there's one on sale over here in germany, been on the market for quite a while now so you may be able to deal the seller down further ...

to view you'll have to join www.mtb-news.de and then search for 'durance' in the bikemarkt.

what size are you after?
  • 01-15-2013
    Wasmachineman NL
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ragetty View Post
    there's one on sale over here in germany, been on the market for quite a while now so you may be able to deal the seller down further ...

to view you'll have to join www.mtb-news.de and then search for 'durance' in the bikemarkt.

what size are you after?

You mean this one? MAVERICK Durance - Artikelansicht - Bikemarkt - MTB-News.de
    Dont like the color IMO and I am not a fan of buying a bike I haven't seen in person.
  • 01-15-2013
    ragetty
    [yep, that's the one.

i'm sure you are aware that mavericks are not quite so common as treks, so 'buying without seeing' comes as part of the deal :D

the bike looks ok - you could ask if there is play in the monolink, and ask for pix of any marks and scratches to the frame.

tuot terrain in D still has parts and offers servicing.
  • 01-15-2013
    Alpamayo
    I have a brand new Maverick Durance Hard Anodized Medium frame, shock updated with last Ethan's stuff ... in stock at Alpatech, the last one !!!
    alpatech@free.fr
  • 01-17-2013
    Wasmachineman NL
    The guy who mailed me for my Fuel wanted it after he gets his paycheck, I think i'm gonna pull the trigger on the ML7, Although he asks way too much, I'm gonna try to haggle the price down by quite a bit :)