mtbr member

Scratched stanchion

Well, decided to service the fork and try out some of the tuning suggestions you have given me today. Unfortunately I immediately hit a snag. Soon as I took apart the stanchion of the damper side I found that the rear side had been severely scratched right at the top. It is right at the top of the stanchion and does not come out below the seals. After cleaning everything and taking a closer look with a flash light I found that the bushing had some material sticking up from behind it at it's innermost point. This seems to be what has scratched the stanchion and in turn the bushing. Now this has not effected the fork so far as there has been no oil leakage of performance loss. Has anyone seen this before? What do you think could have caused it? The fork has not been mistreated and this is the first time it has been opened since I bought it with roughly 20ish hours of ride time.
    I sent Ethan a mail since we do not have a Mav dealer in Greece and hopefully he will have some suggestions. In the meantime any ideas?

Ride safe!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0