mtbr member
    May 2013

Rebound fast too: Maverick fork sc 32

Everyone knows the problem of maverick fork: little rebound adjustment; all open or all closed, is the same thing! Nothing changes!!!
    It is preferable to use more or less volume of oil, or more or less oil density?
    Thank you

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I run the SC32 on my ML7 and had a similar issue many years ago. I tried going to a heavier weight oil with no change so I completely disassembled the damper tube and found that there was an o-ring that had gotten chewed up and was blocking the oil port. After cleaning and installing a new o-ring the rebound adjustment was noticeable and my lock-down action worked better. Yes, the adjustment range is short compared to other brands, but for me it is a very usable range.

On a side note, two years ago I had Ethan add an IFP and do a custom tune on the shim stack and the difference that made is incredible. I don't recall what weight oil he used, but my fork still runs great to this day - super supple on small bumps, very controlled low speed compression (thanks to the IFP) with almost no brake dive, and enough progression to take the occasional big hit. He could probably give you some good advice to get you headed in the right direction. You can reach him at ethan@mavericksuspension.com.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Thank Henrys!!
    I wrote to Ethan! E. says that there is a new maverick fork Kit! is a special kit to make the knobs were very active, but you loose the climb mode ....

Simone

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Ciao Henrys,

ask Ethan to the new kit! I have already seen photos!! Costs around $ 55!! Says it is fantastic!!!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Is it compatible with DUC 32?

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Yes!! Of course.............for both the fork. SC 32 and Duc 32!!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I hate to lose my climb mode, but I honestly don't use it all that much. And if the overall performance is improved maybe that is a good trade-off.

Let's keep this thread alive and if anyone has done the upgrade please give us a report.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    any pics? description? but I use lock too often to sacrifice it. maybe IFP would help, but with full duc's 150mm there can be problem to set it properly, as I read before.

mtbr member
    Hi Guys in Europe ... all in stock, new seal head for damper catridge for a complete rebound control !!!
    Maverick ML7.2 / SC32
    Maverick ML7.5
    Maverick Durance / Duc32
    Maverick ML8 / BOS Devile

French Maverick Breeder

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by g_henrys View Post
    I hate to lose my climb mode, but I honestly don't use it all that much. And if the overall performance is improved maybe that is a good trade-off.

Let's keep this thread alive and if anyone has done the upgrade please give us a report.
    I have the reworked rebound on my SC 32. I rarely used the climb mode so I didn't miss that much. The range of rebound is DRAMATICALLY wider, from virtually no damping to so much that it's almost locked out. I was able to set the rebound where I like it, which was outside of the range available before. I'd recommend this upgrade to anybody who needs more range in rebound damping and can do without the Climb-it function.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    For Clovek!!

Ask to Ethan for pic Kit rebound!!
    Ciao, Simone

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Ciao Conrad,
    who did the job on your fork? Ethan oder Patrice Levee of Alpa ' tech? You can send photos of the new seal head (top of right leg)?! I have only pictures of the inner damper!! Thank you

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I advise you to process the internal damper. IFP is fantastic, new shim stak, new piston, and new seal! Incredibly, the fork changes!!!

mtbr member
    Simone,
    New seal head is the same as the old one but cut on its length + thick plastic spacer to replace cutter aluminium. Then the green knob is no more locking the travel but add a full rebound control with low to strong effect. Simple !!!
    Maverick ML7.2 / SC32
    Maverick ML7.5
    Maverick Durance / Duc32

French Maverick Breeder

mtbr member
    In addition you can remove the damper piston (black) Oring to reduce friction ...
    Maverick ML7.2 / SC32
    Maverick ML7.5
    Maverick Durance / Duc32

French Maverick Breeder