mtbr member

Re-built SC won't lockout, help!!

Hellooo alll Mav owners!! Help!! We just re-built an SC for a ridding buddy to set it up for his weight/ridding style. I've worked on my for several times no problems. It did lockout prior to re-building. It won't lockout now, what did we do wrong,??? Help please???
    Thank you all!!
    Training on Hills Builds Character, That's How I Got To Be One!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Here are a couple of quick things to check: 1) If you altered the shim stack and no longer have the 21mm shim next to the piston the lockout won't function (I believe one of the configurations on the Maverick Tuning Chart reverses the order of the shims, but doesn't tell you that you'll lose your lockout function). 2) You may have damaged the O-ring or the glide washer around the piston when you disassembeled the damper.

Hope that helps... good luck!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONMAN1518
    Hellooo alll Mav owners!! Help!! We just re-built an SC for a ridding buddy to set it up for his weight/ridding style. I've worked on my for several times no problems. It did lockout prior to re-building. It won't lockout now, what did we do wrong,??? Help please???
    Thank you all!!
    Did you checked the lock out knob, is it correctly inserted on the adjuster rod ?
    Are you sure it doesn't look out at all? sometimes when the rebound is at its maximum (faster) one can feel it doesn't look out, but it does.
    Maverick ML7.2 / SC32
    Maverick ML7.5
    Maverick Durance / Duc32
    Maverick ML8 / BOS Devile

French Maverick Breeder

mtbr member
    I'mm real sure we put the 21mm shim/washer against the piston but will re-look at it. Alpa, the adjuster knob/loskout is inserted correctly, we will check the shim stack. If the 21mm is against the piston what else could it be? Thnax!!
    Training on Hills Builds Character, That's How I Got To Be One!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    The damper system is pretty simple so there isn't much that can go wrong. I am not sure that this would affect the lockout, but make sure you have the proper amount of air pressure in the damper. I run my low, around 65psi. If your shim stack is correctly oriented and the O-rings aren't damaged then maybe there is something lodged inside the damper shaft itself. You'll have to remove the piston stud from the end to get at the rebound and lockout rods inside - pull everything apart and clean it well before reassembling.

If none of that works, call Maverick and ask for Ethan in tech support. Good luck!