Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    no fat chicks
    i don't know why but i think this bike kicks ass
    #1 NORBA elite singlespeed racer 30-34 age group

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

St. helens

Quote Originally Posted by momentum
    04 ML7 with an 06 DUC32 on Mt St Helens last summer.
    how did your tires hold up on St. Helens? What were you running?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Just My Fork

CELLPHONE PIC, quick mockup.

mtbr member
    well, several others seem to straying from the "pure Maverick" thread, so here are my 2 very different bikes:

first my 2004 Klein Palomino XV - a fresh powder coat last autumn, SC32, Monolink & front der Upgrade, & now with the Speedball (not shown) ...

and next my 2006 Giant Reign 2 - DUC32, Speedball & restickered Manitou Swinger 3 shock ...

mtbr member
    any pix of built-up 2008 models out there?

ragetty

trail demon
    Jun 2005
    Ethan sent me this one, only one I could get hold of.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gentleman Loser

08 Durance

"Appaloosa". Apologies for the poor camera work.

mtbr member
    that fast blue looks good!!

although that radically raked seat post angle worries me a little - this has to be the small frame, right?

ragetty

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Here's my new ('05 leftover) 7.5 right after I built it up. 27.31 lbs w/pedals!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Does this count?

mtbr member
    i finally laid out for the durance '08, here she is built up - that is, at least in her first iteration - some more bling is on it's way ...

ragetty

mtbr member

Beauty and The Beast...

07 durance.....frame swap with my much beloved ML7. dialed with the help of ethan (many thanks ) running 2.35's...26.5#'s.
    Durance.JPG

06 ML8.....first time build from the frame up, including first wheelset build. first ride tomorrow or wed. wheelset..CK's, DT aero spokes, mavic 823's, nevie 2.5's. not the lightest wheelset, but interchangeable with lighter durance set. 31.5#'s with big set. (front brake cables will be shortened and bled tomorrow....figured someone would notice the birdsnest in front of the handlebars!)
    ML8.JPG

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Matic

Maverick Matic with a few mods.
    Last edited by regulator3212; 06-03-2008 at 10:06 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

More photos

stock M30
    Last edited by regulator3212; 06-03-2008 at 10:10 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Shhhhwwwweeeetttt

Nice Bikes, I going to get myself one of these.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

'Twonka', 2007 Durance XL

An average name for a great bike, the envy of my trail buddies. I have had Twonka for eight months and loved every minute of it. Weighs in at 26.5lbs.

Bits include Fomula Oro Puro's 200 / 180's, FSA Carbon crankset / ceramic bottom bracket, SRAM XO rear derailleur and XO twist grips, PG990 cassette, Mavic UST XM819's, Nevegal Front / Conti Gravity rear, Ergon grips, Brooks Ti saddle, Time Atac pedals, Garmin GPS unit. Thanks to the team at Wrench Science.

Lets me do way more than my previous bike in XC and AM, and seems to take my 200+ lbs no worries

It was bit cold the day these photos were taken with lots of ice on the trails so it was a very tentative ride. Scenery is Christchurch, New Zealand.

Cheers

mtbr member
    the Edge fits on my (short adjustable) stem - the cable ties are a little close together underneath, but otherwise no problems ...

ragetty

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

heres mine

one of my rides

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Thanks Ragetty, I got some longer cable ties and did this. Much better now.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Trigger

This is Trigger. 08 ML8 Sl70 build kit. She just got back from Mammoth where she shined like a star. Attachment 373474
    Last edited by C & D's Dad; 07-02-2008 at 09:14 AM. Reason: The picture was too small. You couldn't see anything.

mtbr member
    Oct 2003
    Check this out:

Not mine, though I did borrow it once.

Fortes Fortuna Iuvat
    So... the machete is for making trails and not for defending against the locals right? Haha.

Beautiful rides!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I went shopping for my first full suspension bike in April. I did test rides (on some actual trails) of 5-inch trail bikes from Trek, Spec., and Santa Cruz. Then the salesman suggested I try out a 2006 ML7 that was on sale for what I now realize was crazy-cheap money. It was easily my favorite of the bunch, despite the fact that it was a bit small for me; Pedaled better than the other bikes with less fussing, handled better, and felt just as cushy despite the 15-25mm travel disadvantage versus the other bikes.

They had another leftover ML7 in a size that would fit me better, at another location -- a half mile from where I live. I checked it out after work the next day, gave it a quick spin around the neighborhood to verify fit, and bought it:

I set up the suspension by the book based on my weight, and was kinda disappointed with how rough it felt on my first couple of rides. I didn't like the stock rims or tires, either. I dropped a little pressure from the suspension at each end, and changed out the rims and tires (and also started to adjust my riding style), and the bike was transformed. This thing is a joy to ride; It's light, neutral, and balanced. It's perfect for the increasingly-aggressive XC riding I do. I took it to Moab and Fruita less than a month after I got it, where it was fantastic. Back at home, I ride it 2-3 times a week, and my other two mountain bikes have been gathering dust.

But I'm not immune to lust for the latest-and-greatest, or for more cush, and so I'd been thinking of doing a frame-and-fork swap for a DUC32/Durance, or just adding an ML8. But in a year or two, not now. Then, last sunday I went along a friend who was buying a road bike at the same shop where I'd first test-ridden an ML7. There I saw a nicely outfitted 2007 ML8 in my size. For sale, at about 2/3rds the original sticker price.

I test rode it and liked it, but hemmed and hawed about buying it; I could afford it, but I wasn't sure I could justify it to myself, at this point. Finally I reached a conclusion that evening -- if I didn't buy this bike now, I'd end up buying one almost exactly like it in a couple of years, and I'd pay nearly twice as much. So I called the shop on monday morning and put down a deposit, and that afternoon brought it home:

I've had a couple of rides on it, now. So far I don't love the ML8 the way I love the ML7, but I'm not worried about it -- I didn't love the ML7 immediately, either. Once again I'm not too wild about the stock tires. And it doesn't help that the bike is overkill for the trails I've ridden it on, so far. But I'm looking forward to getting it dialed in and taking it to the kind of places it deserves.

Take Chances

Welcome to the fold

Glad to see those Mav's getting under your skin. They have a very unique ride that I could not find in any other bike(test rides). I have an ML8 and have done quite a bit of tuning on the fork and have found a good setup for my weight and ride style. They are quite easy to tune eventhough you have to take it all apart. Still I think it is a great bike and soooo versitle. I ride mine for all my trail riding and sometimes at the local freeride area. Of course I am not up to the major drops or stunts. If it is under 4 ft whooo hooo. Enjoy those new steeds.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Bronco

Going on a little more than a month now, and liking it a lot. Its name is Bronco and its a medium Matic. Now I just need to get a hold of a DUC.
    Last edited by calvinjp; 08-31-2008 at 11:31 AM.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast