Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    Insanity later
    I don't know exactly how the XXL Durance compares to the XL ML7. I suspect a little larger. It's definitely bigger all around than the XL ML7.5, but that bike was smaller than my ML7.

For your size I'd probably go with the XXL Durance. It's got a looong top tube, but then again I am really long legged (98cm inseam), so it may feel fine for you.

Either way, it's a great bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thank you for your advice. It should fit me even if I'm a little short legged (90cm inseam only!)...
    You're wright, ML7 is a great bike ; 4 years of happy rides and still the state of art...

T.W.O.

Incredible climbers

Here are 2 of my pride and joy, both climb like true champs. Maverick rocks!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Shattering Glass
    Quote Originally Posted by mimi1885
    Here are 2 of my pride and joy, both climb like true champs. Maverick rocks!!

And your favorite is?

T.W.O.
    Honestly both. Bikes at this caliber are great period. strong climber, great descender and good all around. maybe the Mojo because 5.5" travel, but if compared with the durance it will be a really tough call.

The ML7 has been with me for years and Mojo only been 3 weeks, so to state the obvious I'm riding Mojo more now one reason is because it's my new toy. Both bike really rock!! my ML7 without the 647 pedal and the Speedball post weight in at 25.2 and the same set up with the mojo is 26( the new I9 wheelset will drop about 1.5-2lbs) but I like the post it worth the extra half a pound.

Thanks for asking

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Hey! someone else also has a 7.5/Durance and a Mojo.[ And I also have a ML7 from a few years ago!] I love both bikes too, but for me they are really different in feel, the Maverick is like a hardtail with a bit more spring and whip out of a corner, the suspension is less plush even with loads of sag and a better climber than the Mojo whereas the Mojo feels more plush and very smooth...definitely a better descender.......I guess thats why I am keeping both bikes...I love the contrast between the 2! I run the Maverick with SC32 and the Mojo with DUC32...found the DUC's on the Maverick slackened the headangle too much.....enjoy!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    At the risk of hijacking this thread, I'm needing to replace my L ML7/5 with a larger frame and have pretty much narrowed it down to an XL Durance and an XL Mojo. They have very similar geometry (esp, HA, T-T, front center with DUC). I'm maxed out on my L ML7/5 with a Speedball R (ie, setback) and the saddle all of the way back -and it's comfortable for my upper body- but my knees smack the DUC and I can hardly stand and pedal. Real steep climbs (ie, Slickrock) are not doable, even with the travel turned down.

Problem for me is, in part, they're separated by $400! And, though I'm pretty sure my medium DUC crown will work on either bike, I don't think my 30.9 speedball will work on the Mojo's 31.6 tube. Looked for shims and nobody seems to see the need to go up from 30.9.

Any advice out there? Thanks.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Demo the Mojo and get a 31.6 Speedball outer tube from Maverick...easy to swap over...one 10mm nut....hey presto!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Now that's what I'm talkin about! Thanks. I've been emailing Ethan about my dilemma, in part b/c I'm having trouble tracking down 7/5 geometry so that I can compare numbers, and asked about shimming. He said no problem but didn't suggest the outer tube (maybe it's the $s...). As for the geometry, the Matic won't cut it since its geometry is based on the SC.

Won't be able to demo a Mojo round Austin, but a buddy has a Lg so I'll get on it this weekend.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

just wrenched my durance together at 4 in the morning

sram X0, triggers/der.; xtr 175s; avid juicy ultimates 185mm front and rear (organic pads); candy 4Ti pedals; Brooks Swallow Tail Ti saddle, just breaking in.

Coming from a rigid 26" singlespeed (ok, I put a 2x9 drivetrain and a FoxF80 on it for the mountians), this bicycle feels like cheating. a 20 mile tech/XC ride yesterday felt like 5. My legs we tired but the rest of my body could have gone another 20 miles easy.

These full suspension bikes *are* like cheating. Only you get to go much faster and ride much farther.

I'm hooked.

She's a small with the lightest parts and weighs in around 25.5 lbs. My custom Ti singlespeed (straightgauge litespeed pisga weighs 24 lbs.) Weight is certainly not an issue.

The only thing I miss is my Chris King rear hub, which wasn't available in time to ship for this weekend. But the fact that it shifts into granny under heavy load without a hitch is so bonus, that again, it feels like cheating.

mtbr member
    this is not mine, but it blows anything i've seen so far completely away - this is just such a cush build ...

ragetty

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

A nice one from Spain.
    My new ML8.

I only could test it 12 kilometers... but I think I'll be very happy with this bike.
    Hope to confirm my first impressions next weekend.

Numerous wiring problems.
    Mar 2004

This is Ego, he's a medium ML7, is a naturalised UK citizen and he doesn't look much like that any more, in fact I should take an up to date pic - now has '07 XTR cranks, shifters, mech, Formula B4 SL brakes, Stan's rims etc...

Had him for about four years now. I reduced the travel on the fork by 15mm which made the whole bike feel much more balanced and together. Was way too chopperish with the original ML7 geometry.

Lovely, lovely bike, climbs like a mountain goat :-)

Schipperkes are cool.
    Digger.
    Rips up the singletrack in the high elevation of the Colorado Rocky Mountains.

Scoty
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Almost too purty to ride. Almost...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sjdiesel
    Almost too purty to ride. Almost...
    the seat post, mono 6Ti with rear disk larger than front ??? .... and the color

mtbr member
    that doesn't work for me either - but then, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

actually, the frame colour is ok, but it needs more "complementary" support (as opposed to just everything apple green) from the peripherals.

@mimi1885:
    any chance of a pic of the ibis from the side?

ragetty

mtbr member
    My old 7/2 (2004) silver anodized, destickered and Hard anodized before to be stickered like original.

recovering roadie
    [QUOTE=Alpamayo]My old 7/2 (2004) silver anodized, destickered and Hard anodized before to be stickered like original.

How do you desticker and resticker? I have a 2004 that needs a little TLC and I called Maverick yesterday and they said it wasn't really possible.... ? ?

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=dobbs]
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpamayo
    My old 7/2 (2004) silver anodized, destickered and Hard anodized before to be stickered like original.

How do you desticker and resticker? I have a 2004 that needs a little TLC and I called Maverick yesterday and they said it wasn't really possible.... ? ?
    High pressure hot water or/and with strong adhesiv. You can also use sand treatment like to remove paint, before hard anodizing. The result is the same you can see on hard anodizing frame ML8 or durance ...

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Meet Mohawk. He is a 2007 Matic with Speedball R. This is only my second true full suspension bike but I must say this is one freaky cool machine... It makes me want to do stuff I have no business doing

mtbr member
    ML7/2 2004 after (re) hard anodizing and original stickers

Now, all the familly in hard anodized version :

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Just finished building this....

Not ridden it yet, put my back out so need a few days off the bike.....

T.W.O.

My Mavericks

Great climber, great descender.

I love my Mavs

trail demon
    Jun 2005
    Here is......

Xenia (top - ML8)

Azerbaijan (Middle - ML7.5)

Zarek (Bottom - ML7.3) now has a new owner & used in the mountains of france.
    Last edited by d4re; 10-07-2007 at 11:33 AM.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast