mtbr member

Possibly the best Maverick 1X setup?

My XO front shifter recently failed which gave me the incentive to go 1X9. I researched many options and discovered the Widgit with an integrated chain guide. I couldn't find any examples of one on a Maverick. It looked very simple, because it allowed me to eliminate the Dmount, so I decided to give it a go. I have only ridden it once on a very rocky 22 mile ride in NorCal and it worked flawlessly. I also added the Bionicon C-Guide which eliminates the dreaded chain-slap. Both the Widgit and C-Guide are very quite. I purchased the C-Guide from Ethan at the Maverick Suspension Center. I also recently sent my Duc, rear shock and Mono Link to Ethan for a much need overhaul/tune and it's better than new. Thanks Ethan!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Possibly the best Maverick 1X setup?-widgit2_sm.jpg  

Possibly the best Maverick 1X setup?-widgit1_sm.jpg  

Schipperkes are cool.
    very nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.

mtbr member
    the bionicon c-guide is also doing great work on my hardtail, was thinking about one for the ml8 too.

there is a video over on the bionicon c-guide website that shows it still being beneficial together with the new 'clutched' rear ders.
    Last edited by ragetty; 11-29-2012 at 01:34 PM.

mtbr member
    I like my bionicon c-guide a lot on the Maverick. No chain slap at all!
    99% of the problems and questions posted here would be answered if people actually walked into a bicycle shop and asked

HHL
    Que je suis bete!
    Nov 2004

1 by's

Not as tricky or trick as yours, but I thought I would show another one-by, one by one in this case, just to give a range of ideas for anyone, like me, that had nothing better to do last winter. Very fun in this set up. I am mostly 29er these days but get this out every now and then because it makes me feel like a little kid on a go-kart. None of the parts are very expensive, so easy to do and easy on the budget, for a do-it-your-selfer with limited skills, like me. Never any chain problems and I ride on rocky-rooty babyhead heaven.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Possibly the best Maverick 1X setup?-img_0704.jpg  

Possibly the best Maverick 1X setup?-img_0707.jpg  

Possibly the best Maverick 1X setup?-img_0708.jpg  

Possibly the best Maverick 1X setup?-img_0703.jpg