Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

New question here. part number for the SKF bearing for the front hub

I was sure I saw a posting about this but I can not find it to save my life.

Thanks in advance and sorry for re-posting

Schipperkes are cool.
    Size 25x37x7 '6805'
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by banks View Post
    Size 25x37x7 '6805'
    Thanks you senor Banks I get right on them.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Senor Banks is This the ONE,,??

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    The measurements look right, but the picture looks wrong. I replaced mine not too long ago, and although I am running SKF bearings in my monolink, a friend suggested Phil Wood bearings for my front hub - they are butter. Go here, part number PWX85. There is a good photo that pops up. Great seals and packed with Phil Wood Waterproof Grease, what more could you want?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by g_henrys View Post
    The measurements look right, but the picture looks wrong. I replaced mine not too long ago, and although I am running SKF bearings in my monolink.
    Thanks that is why I ask, because the numbers call for a really low profile bearings

a friend suggested Phil Wood bearings for my front hub - they are butter. Go here, part number PWX85. There is a good photo that pops up. Great seals and packed with Phil Wood Waterproof Grease, what more could you want?
    Great I wrote them already, will see if the cost is prohibitive or not..

Thanks again for all the great support

Ricky

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    On that eBay listing, the 2RS1 refers to the type of seal, and I think 2RS1 looks to be what you would want in a hub bearing. Here is info from SKF's website on the different seal types:

RS Contact seal of acrylonitrile-butadiene rubber (NRB) with or without sheet steel reinforcement on one side of the bearing

2RS RS contact seal on both sides of the bearing

RS1 Sheet steel reinforced contact seal of acrylonitrile-butadiene rubber (NBR) on one side of the bearing

2RS1 RS1 contact seal on both sides of the bearing

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by g_henrys View Post
    On that eBay listing, the 2RS1 refers to the type of seal, and I think 2RS1 looks to be what you would want in a hub bearing. Here is info from SKF's website on the different seal types:

RS Contact seal of acrylonitrile-butadiene rubber (NRB) with or without sheet steel reinforcement on one side of the bearing

2RS RS contact seal on both sides of the bearing

RS1 Sheet steel reinforced contact seal of acrylonitrile-butadiene rubber (NBR) on one side of the bearing

2RS1 RS1 contact seal on both sides of the bearing
    Wow, thanks for all the help, this sound awesome.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I think SKF will do since they are $26.30 each, not including shipping/handling.

here is the link
    Phil ABEC-10 Xtreme-Application Bearings

mtbr member

It's all about bearings these days!

Go for a standard 6805 bearing like the Enduro Max LLB, i sell these and work great at $15 a pair! SKF's are very nice, but will not do any better that others when you get caught in the rain/mud storm!!
    As for Monolinks do not use a "Max" type. The rotation is too small and the conditions to crappy down there! Enduro make a 6001 bearing, 6001LLB-CO, this is a caged type bearing. It has less balls but more contact area per ball than "Max" type, so less brindeling occurs.
    Give me a shout if you need parts, service or help!
    mavericksuspension@gmail.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I got the bearing from the ebay vendor yesterday and look like they are the right size, i will know for sure when i change them soon.

mtbr member
    SKF's standard offering in that size is 61805, same dimensions as the 6805 but better speed rating.

Do not use MAX bearings in a hub or bottom bracket. Without a cage to seperate the balls they rub and wear themselves out.
    MAX bearings should be used in suspension pivots which take heavy loads and minimal rotation. The higher ball count gives more contact area and less brinelling.

Ethan, you've got it backwards.
    Owner of www.shockcraft.co.nz and NZ Manitou Service Agent.
    www.dougal.co.nz Suspension setup & tuning.
    SPV Devolve

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Dougal, where can one purchase this bearing? I've searched the internet and ran across lots of sites for bearing wholesalers in China that carry it, but I can't find an American retailer of SKF's 61805.

mtbr member
    Over here in New Zealand SKF have their own distribution network, you call up their nearest outlet and they send you the bearings.
    This page has a general contact number, call that and see what they say.
    Contact Us - SKFusa.com

I get regular spam from chinese bearing companies offering me SKF product. I doubt their authenticity, it is very easy to laser etch SKF onto a generic bearing. But if you buy through SKF or their agents you know it's genuine.
    SPV Devolve

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Griffith View Post
    Dougal, where can one purchase this bearing? I've searched the internet and ran across lots of sites for bearing wholesalers in China that carry it, but I can't find an American retailer of SKF's 61805.

I got them Here from a US ebay vendor for $10,79 each (they where at my house in three days)

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Thanks for the info.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Paul Turner is a genius, even if he did not design it him self he hire some very clever people, I change the bearings on two wheels in less than 30minutes with very little hammering, very self explanatory, one thing is for sure anybody can do this procedure and is almost no way to mess it up, awesome design.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by patineto View Post
    Paul Turner is a genius, even if he did not design it him self he hire some very clever people, I change the bearings on two wheels in less than 30minutes with very little hammering, very self explanatory, one thing is for sure anybody can do this procedure and is almost no way to mess it up, awesome design.
    The hub is designed and made by Formula, it's a pretty good design made chiefly to be stiff and robust rather than lightweight, and the bearings are relatively easy to replace though I've had hubs that are easier still to work on...

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by markyboy1980 View Post
    The hub is designed and made by Formula, it's a pretty good design made chiefly to be stiff and robust rather than lightweight, and the bearings are relatively easy to replace though I've had hubs that are easier still to work on...
    Thanks for the clarification, it for sure changes my views about formula products.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    hello
    the bearing type is 6805 ...Is it 25x37x 7 or 25x 37 x 6?
    thanks

mtbr member
    25x37x7 is the size of 6805 and 61805 bearings.
    25x37x6 is a non-standard size used by shimano in their BB's.
    SPV Devolve

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Thanks for your reply.
    One more question . 6805 bearings have inner diameter 25mm , but maverick hub axle is 24 mm . what happened ?
    Genuine Maverick hub bearings are manufactured by Enduro?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I believe the axle bulges to 25mm where the bearings seat, and then again to 27mm between the bearings (inside the hub) to increase stiffness. Hence the name 24/7 Hub.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Thanks g_henrys

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I want to replace my Maverick Hub bearings with better (maybe ceramic) but i do not make sense reading service document.
    Is there a photo or video service procedure?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast