mtbr member
    Feb 2008

non dropper seatpost?

Hello all,

I was wondering what has been found out there to use as a non dropper post. I have a Speedball R for my 2 Mav's, but when I am rebuilding them, I want a standard post to ride. Unfortunately, I bought a Thomson, cut it, and discovered that it does not tilt far enough forward. I like my saddles just a scosche more forward than level (not sure if that makes sense).

Anyway, I have seen a bunch of Thomson posts on Mavs here, but am looking for other options. Other options MAY be alternate seats that tilt more. I am pretty hooked on WTB devo's though...

Related, anyone need a Thomson post? I know, I should post a classified, but just putting the feelers out right now.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I have a Titec El Norte seatpost on my Matic. Its made for DH and is a bit heavy but it sure is solid. It has plenty of adjustment and the WTB Devo seat fits fine. I had an Easton EA50 on and was just able to get the seat at the angle I wanted but that post squeeked like a newlywed's bed! I don't think it liked the extreme angle. Also tried a RaceFace Deus which has a nice adjustment system but couldn't get the right angle. I just bought a Crank Bros. Joplin 4 but haven't had a chance to put it on the bike yet. I'll be keeping the Titec in case I need to switch back though!

Schipperkes are cool.
    this has been discussed before.

There is a Truvative post that works, the newer, last 3 years Specialized 30.9 post will work. Older Bontrager 30.9 post will work and share the same saddle rail clamp,
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    USE posts with the sumo head work brilliantly.

Schipperkes are cool.
    Eriksen makes a 30.9mm Ti post, that'd work perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.

cyco biker
    The Easton EA70 works dandy also.
    My hobby is keeping wood alive