mtbr member
    Mar 2004

ML8 Matic and Durance

Im wondering if anyone with a maverick matic/durance/or ML8 has the eye to eye measure of the rear(shock) triangle where it bolts to the seattube and monolink??

does anyone know if they are all the same length or various lengths on each frame?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I measured all frames (ML7,ML8 in large and Durance in XL). They have got all different measurements from the top shock bolt to the rear end mount at the monolink.
    You can not connect a durance main frame with a ML8 rear end or so!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Wondering if you have the millimeter measures eye to eye of those???? I have a custom Seven Duo. My girlfriends rear ML7.5 is 35.8mm.......and nets out to a 10mm higher rear axle center to ground. If you wouldnt mind grabbing your tire to rim distance---axle center to ground---and eye to eye on the Durance...that would be kewl.

Im looking to see if any of the Durance/matic or ML8(im pretty sure this one is ruled out) have a slightly different rear axle center to ground height as i think the eye to eye seattube to monolink is almost the same on them all. Ideally i need about a 10mm longer seattube to monolink distance----or 10mm less rear axle ground to center height.

I spoke with MAverick yesterday but they didnt have measures(tech guy out). I can certainly use the 7.5 rear on my SEVEN and compensate fairly easily by running a slightly taller(voluminous) rear tire compared to the front along with my fork change.

Im also going to switch to a Fox 36 in front which in the 100mm setdown mode will yeild 10mm less axle to crown(545mm-60mm) than the SC32 in 125mm mode(495mm).

with the 10mm lower rear end---and 10mm lower front---climbing mode of the Fox 36 @100mm will only reduce the bb height(i can live with that in climbing mode) and not effect the angles.

My Seven Duo has a very racy 71.5deg head angle---so losing 10mm in the rear with the Maverick 7.5rear end wont be aweful and maybe still yield 70.5ish head angle in Fox36@100mm mode. The nice thing is that when i jump to the 160mm mode.....i still should be within 68.5-69.5 head angle because the Seven has a much more aggressive head angle than any of the Mavericks to start with.

An interesting tidbit----Maverick said they are coming out with a special limited edition version of their ML8 in a short time........its going to have slightly more travel.....slightly wider rear stays to accomodate bigger meats.

Maverick also said they are releasing update kits for the older rear shocks.......so that Durances/7.5s/Matics can get the newest damping of the redesigned 08' rear shock which is supposed to have a few mm more travel....and be noticably more plush.

Members who have read this thread: 0