mtbr member
    Nov 2005

ML8 joplin cable routing

Hey so I got a joplin 4 for Christmas and was wondering if anyone has some pics of good cable routing for it on the ml8. I figured someone would, but the search is not giving me much luck. If you have a picture or advice on it let me know.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    My remote is mounted on the right side of my h-bar. The cable is routed under the stem and through my DUC32 fork leg to the non drive side of the frame. I have the cable zip tied to the rear brake hose in two places 5" apart where the hose and deris cable guides are under the top tube. From there it is loose all the way up to the top of the seat post. However, I do have a Maverick provided loop to teather it to the back of the seat tube just beneath the quick release seat post clamp. I can take pics tonight if that helps.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Pictures never hurt

I was worried the cable would get long and dangle about if I were to zip tie it as you said. Generally when the seat is down is a bad time to have loops of cable hanging out the side. I thought it should be able to put the slack up front. However if it works out ok that way then it sounds easier than I feared. I thought I would need stick on cable mounting points or something.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I have pictures but they are too big to post and I have no idea how to resize them. Anyway, with the saddle compressed the cable does stick out and down slightly. Not enough to interfere with the nondrive side crank arm or back tire. Seems very suble and sweet (to me).

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    If you are on windows you can resize them easily in paint. Older versions do it as well. Not saying you need to do it. Just thought in the future you might want to know how
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ML8 joplin cable routing-simple.jpg  

mtbr member
    pics here, here and here for reference ... looks like they're all pretty much the same!

here's another going along the other side of the bike ...

just 'google images' with 'maverick ml8', there's quite a few to see.

ragetty
    Last edited by ragetty; 01-04-2012 at 01:16 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Funny I googled maverick ml8 joplin and got basically nothing useful. That was silly of me I guess.