mtbr member
    Jan 2004

ML8 Cable routing options

Guys,

Having a few issues with routing the rear disc hose and the front mech cable, they bow out with the suspension action

Could somebody post a picture of the correct routing or does anybody have any suggestions for keeping the cables in place

Cheers

Schipperkes are cool.
    That is correct; the cables Do move under compression.

Rear brake hose goes up the "seat stay", stays on the non-drive side of the bike to the top tube, leave a small amount so the house gets pushed "down".
    Rear derailleur goes up the drive side of the "seat stay" on the same side of the frame to the top tube, leave a small amount, again.
    On the top of the "seat stay", run a zip tie holding the housing/hose up high near the shock body.
    The rear most section of the front derailleur housing Crosses Under the top tube, rear brake hose & rear derailleur housing then snakes behind to the "left" of the "seat tube". Zip tie the housing to the braze-on, whihch you will notice that "braze on" is canted.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.
    I ride so slow, your Garmin will shut off.

dis member

Does this help?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5132634...7605367896583/

Click on All Sizes to make them huge. I zip tied the front derailer cable to the router on the seat tube. Right after I took these photos.

I crossed the cables behind the shock to keep them from bowing out and hitting my voluptuous calves. The yellow sleeve keeps also helps the bow, as well as cutting them as short as they would still make to the housing stops.

mtbr member
    ok banks.......you really got me "FREAKED" out with all the quotation marks!! :-O any chance of a couple pic's? i know with the durance, you cross the rear brake line and rear shift cable behind the rear shock......i believe on the ml8 you do not. as they say....a pic is worth a thousand quotation marks! i know i saw a pic on the maverick site that showed the proper routing, but cannot find it now.....it showed the routing for the durance, which is crossed behind the shock....but it also showed the ML8 routing which DID NOT cross.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks guys

Like Bull D says any chance of a photo, Backpedal's photo is a help but seems to be completly different from what Bank's is suggesting.

I have a ML7 and run those in the usual cross over format, this however does not seem to work for the ML8

mtbr member

Last edited by Alpamayo; 06-01-2008 at 10:09 AM.

Schipperkes are cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpamayo

Correct

Routing the housing between the rear shock and the "seat tube" will cause bowing.

Schipperkes are cool.
    Not correct & will cause bowing

dis member

Bowing not an issue

The key is the yellow band at the line junction, and getting the line length correct. These three photos show the cable bow with the shock topped out, at 30% sag, and at full bottom out. They don't hit my legs, and I have really big calves and feet. I'm built like a pyramid, only with hair.

1. Top out
    2. Sagged
    3. Bottom out
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    nice colour - was that original?

any chance of complete bike pix?

ragetty

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks for these guys, seem to have sorted it now

Members who have read this thread: 0