mtbr member
    Dec 2006

ML75 to ML8 - size advice

Hi All,
    I love my '05 ML75 but have been offered an '08 ML8 frame for a good price and think it will suit my current riding style a little better. I am 6' tall with a 32" inside leg and my ML75 is a large, but I have always felt it is a little too big for me, particularly with regards to standover height. I have a speedball seatpost and only have about 1.5" of post showing before the stancion section. Looking at the geo charts comparing a Matic (which I think is the closest to an ML75) with the ML8, the large ML8 has a much lower standover height anyway (738mm v 795m) so I am in two minds about whether I should go with a medium or large ML8. I'll be running DUC32s with it.

Any advice?

Cheers

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I would recommend a large, since that is what I have and I am 5'11.8"

Schipperkes are cool.
    Agree, the large is going to better for ya. Stand over on the ML8 is the same with the medium and large.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.

cyco biker
    Your height & inseam indicate a longish torso so I think you'll find the large to be better balanced between fore & aft because of the longer front center # (distance from the BB to the front axle). On the medium you'd need a longer stem that would put too much weight on the front end of the bike with that shorter FC & it would be significantly squirrlier descending than the large.
    My hobby is keeping wood alive

Fortes Fortuna Iuvat
    I agree with the others- a Large ML8 definitely sounds right for you. I'm 6'2" and have a large Durance (which is a tad on the small side for me), but went with an XL ML8 since the cockpit of the ML8 seems to be more compact.
    Maverick Durance Ano-DUC32/C KING/XTR
    Mav ML8 Ano-DUC32/X0
    Mav ML8-DUC32/I9/XTR
    09 Spec. Demo-Totem-Ti DHX
    Norco Team DH

mtbr member
    Large again, I'm the same size as you and I love the fit of my Large ML-8

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Same height as you and went from a large 7.5 to large ml8 via a med ML8, the large is the best fit. Plus for me the ML8 is a better bike, climbs better and descends with confidence only a slight weight penalty on the ML8