Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member

Maverick moves on....

Et All,

Its time for me to post a short message regarding Maverick. As of Jan 1st Maverick has ceased operations. Paul Turner has reclaimed the brand and licenses. What he will do with it remains up in the air, some rumors have floated around but none for me to add to! I don't think the technology will disappear, it's too good and other manufactures are looking for ways to beat their competition.

As for Me, I have been in the process of restarting the small parts and full service/repair end. This will be my own gig and not associated with Maverick of the past. The previous owners (Mike & Chris) have generously made this happen for me and Maverick owners can take solace that parts and service will be around. I've been with Maverick for about 7 years and see that the products are worth keeping going and even make better with detailed expertise.

The Location of this small en devour is still up in the air, but most likely will be in the same location just next door, at least for a while. Once this has been finalized I will re-post with the new address, e-mail and phone number. Not fully set on a name, but Maverick Suspension Center ( MSC ) is looking good right now.

Supplying other suspension service places with parts may be difficult for the time being as there are limited supply of certain pieces. I would try to do my best to help a couple of them as they have been helpful to me in the past. Stay tuned on that...

While this has been a sad time for us, closing of the doors, it also opens up new doors and adventures. Bicycles have been a passion of mine for a long time, so no great need to get a real job (yet!). Stay tuned, tell your friends about the news and not to fret!

About riding another brands, got to try everything! What it has shown me is how good Maverick bikes are and can still, with little change, hold their own in today's market. Had we had our wish things would have been updated and taken advantage of today's technologies but wasn't in the cards, we tried and tried really we did, but...!

Thanks, Ethan

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    WOW!! - And I just discovered Maverick about 6 months ago. Now I have two ML8's and an ML7 and 4 DUC's. I was planning on going Maverick crazy. I still want a DUC36 and an ML9 if that was going to be the new niner and I still hope it will be.

I am just a recreational mountain biker but like the technology of the Maverick.

I think I will start to go WFO on my modified DUC32. I pushed it yesterday and it felt good.

mtbr member
    Hmmm.. I feel a new thread may be forthcoming for people to throw in possible names for Ethan's new business venture! "Strut Your Stuff Suspension".. no that's no good... "Mono-knockers"....well, you get my point. Good luck Ethan. Look forward to seeing what you come up with. I've been following your posts and input for a loooong time. Just haven't started posting on here until recently.

A Surly Maverick
    Ethan,
    I wish you all the very best in your new venture

As a Palamino/Duc32/SC32 owner I appreciate your continued efforts.

Thanks again for the advice regarding the Hammerschmidt adaptor plate

Cheers,
    Dr FG
    A Fatback'd Lefty for who life IS a Beach

mtbr member
    Ethan I ( and a lot more readers) want to thank you for all your good service and advice. If we (your readers) can be of any assistance to you please let us know. Keep on posting!!

Will you be able to sell us some odd and end parts (eg. o-rings/rebuilt kits) to keep our rear shocks and forks going?

How is the Ibis HD in comparison to the ML8?

ride
    Good luck Ethan. I'm sure you'll do well out there!
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

ali'i hua
    Ethan:

sent you a PM for contact info- i'm in need of a bolt for my seven duo.

also, if it's ok with the mods, maybe you can put up the contact info here for the masses?

thanks

(yet another) Ethan

mtbr member
    We turn the page but we don't close the book, a new chapter is being writing !!!!
    Maverick ML7.2 / SC32
    Maverick ML7.5
    Maverick Durance / Duc32
    Maverick ML8 / BOS Devile

French Maverick Breeder

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Sad news, glad it's finally out in the public domain though.

Good luck Ethan - I'll be in touch, no doubt!

mtbr member
    good luck from me too

my durance is staying with me, so i'll be sure to push what i can your way in terms of business !!

cheers ... ragetty

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    seems that alpamayo knew/knows more than ordinary maverick owners/fans. so i am keen on reading new chapter, hope they will not write it too long

ethan good luck.

Towlie for prez
    Sep 2005
    fvck fvck fvck!! ugh!!! Unfortunately,I had a bad feeling this was gonna happen-especially when summer came and passed w/no new 29'er or carbon duc.I still love my ML8,but will prob sell it asap before parts become unavail(despite what Ethan says) Thanks for making a rockin' bike(s) that still kick ass when compared w/the latest technology.I think the duc was Mav's best product-to this day no one else makes a sub 4lb 6" travel dual crown fork that is like buttah! Such a shame about that carbon Duc.....

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Ethan I would just like to say thanks. I got plenty of great help from you. My family is totally full of mavericks and we will miss them in the future. (ML8, ML7.5, ML7, Palomino x2, DUC x 3, sc32 x1).

The DUC is definitely too good to lose. I look forward to seeing whatever happens in the future. I have to admit I am sad, but I figured this would be the outcome since the DUC went out of production and the DUC36 never managed to make it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I'll join the others in wishing you well in you future business project, Ethan. You always answered my questions promptly and honestly. As I need spare parts, I'll be sure to let you know. I was really hoping Mav would develop the promised 29'er, but I'll have to be satisfied with the Matic I have now.
    Best of luck.

Conrad

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    That's a pisser. Best of luck in the future!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Sorry to hear this...I currently have a ML7 & looking to buy an ML8. Would this be a wise investment? Definitely one of the best bikes I've ever ridden.

zombie freerider
    Sorry to hear this...I currently have a ML7 & looking to buy an ML8. Would this be a wise investment? Definitely one of the best bikes I've ever ridden.
    There's probably a lot of people in a better position to answer this than me but I would suppose that the shops with mechanics who've sold and serviced Maverick bikes still have many of the parts and knowledge! to keep you going for quite a while and would be happy to help you out. I know a bunch in CO... Plus whatever Ethan is able to put together for the future supply of parts, etc.

mtbr member
    I knew it!!!

Glad I bought my Fox 180 and didn't wait for the SUCK36.

Bahahahahaha.
    Bad rep!!! That's right SON!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugman View Post

Don't waste your money. Purchase a bike that will have support. Reguardless of what Ethan says there is no guarantee parts will still be available in 6 month let alone the next 7 years.

Plus the Maverick Suspension is terrible. Especially that rearend. Seriously..
    Please explain how rear suspension that is integrated with the BB is suposed to be active.
    Especailly when you are standing out of the saddle on a downhill?

The answer is it isn't.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by toHELLuRIDE View Post
    Don't waste your money. Purchase a bike that will have support. Reguardless of what Ethan says there is no guarantee parts will still be available in 6 month let alone the next 7 years.

Plus the Maverick Suspension is terrible. Especially that rearend. Seriously..
    Please explain how rear suspension that is integrated with the BB is suposed to be active.
    Especailly when you are standing out of the saddle on a downhill?

The answer is it isn't.
    Troll...

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Hey Ethan, sad news! I suppose it was a long time comin'; the brand was just put putting for some time. Good luck in your new venture!

Cheers.

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

rebmem rbtm
    Thank you for all the time you put into this forum and the brand. I'm keeping my Durance so make sure you get your contact info out.

Good luck.

mtbr member
    I knew it!!!

Glad I bought my Fox 180 and didn't wait for the SUCK36.

Bahahahahaha.
    It's dick's like you that Maverick never wanted as customers, man that was fun to say and I'll say no more, not worth my time for a name-less punk! (not working for a company can be fun sometimes)

Thanks to all the rest for the kind words. Maverick has/had thousands and thousands of customers all over the world and understand how good their products have been.

As I gather more information I'll post it asap!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan F View Post
    It's dick's like you that Maverick never wanted as customers, man that was fun to say and I'll say no more, not worth my time for a name-less punk! (not working for a company can be fun sometimes)

Thanks to all the rest for the kind words. Maverick has/had thousands and thousands of customers all over the world and understand how good their products have been.

As I gather more information I'll post it asap!
    It's customers like me that knew better than to buy Maverick junk.
    Glad you can finally show your true colors.

Happy 2012

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by toHELLuRIDE View Post
    It's customers like me that knew better than to buy Maverick junk.
    Glad you can finally show your true colors.

Happy 2012
    Sounds like you never rode one.
    Once you ride a Maverick, a lotta other designs seem crappy. All you have to do is ride off one curb. Then you know.

I'll admit, it looks funny, but if you want a good ride, go Maverick!!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast