Thread: Maverick info

mtbr member

Maverick info

I am looking into buying a Maverick either a demo or used. There's a great one for sale in my area. Its claimed to be a 2007 ML8 with DU32. Is there any place I can find what models were made what year and the spec for them? Are there significant changes from the 2007 to the 2010?

Over all is there anything you'd look for when riding a Maverick? I am also looking at SC Nomads. Would ML8 riders want a slacker HA than 68.5? The Nomad and most other 6" bikes have 67's. Thanks Mark
    Narrow is the path to life, few are those who find it.

simple
    The ML8 has been the same since it first came out except for possibly the rear damper. The bike was way ahead of the competition when it first came out!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 69erSycip
    The ML8 has been the same since it first came out except for possibly the rear damper. The bike was way ahead of the competition when it first came out!

Thanks for taking the time to help out. I only live about 20 minutes from the Marverick warehouse in Golden, CO so even if things need work they are right around the corner. If so, The Nomad came out in 05-06, and the Intense 6.6 06 as well. It looks like the ML8 came out in 06 too, so its pretty much in the front of the line with SC and Intense for AM bikes but not ahead. Thanks Mark
    Narrow is the path to life, few are those who find it.

mtbr member
    later frames (post 2008?) were apparently a little lighter.

there was a post here recently that suggested we may be 'soon' seeing the sort of mods to the ml8 that you're (and i am) looking for ...

ragetty