mtbr member
    Oct 2005

New question here. Little help, can a Hope pro2 front hub axle adapter work on a chris king hub..??

In short I want to run my 20mm king front wheel on my DUC32 and got a line on a Hope pro2 axle but I'm not sure if it will work on the kind hub, so I'm looking for your advice...

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Not sure about the Hope pro2, but King makes a 24mm axle and their website says the ISO 20mm TA hub is convertible to 24mm axle - that is most likely your best bet.

And somewhere in the back of mind, one of the gripes I heard about the King 24mm hub is that it creaks because the axle ends are not gnurled (spelling?) like the Maverick hub. I believe I read somewhere in this forum that Ethan can gnurl a Kink axle to take care of that, and if you get the conversion kit it shouldn't be too much to send him the axle before you install it. Just my .02

mtbr member
    i used a hope pro 2 with a maverick 24/7 for a while, using the hope adapter. i had a friend 'knurl' the axle ends (which also increased the effective diameter of the perhaps slightly too small axle ends - this is also in a thread here somewhere), and i used some blue loctite on the axle threads. it actually worked fine both before and after treatment ...

i would be very surprised if the hope pro 2 maverick 24/7 adapter fits any of the king hubs.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by g_henrys View Post
    Not sure about the Hope pro2, but King makes a 24mm axle and their website says the ISO 20mm TA hub is convertible to 24mm axle - that is most likely your best bet.

And somewhere in the back of mind, one of the gripes I heard about the King 24mm hub is that it creaks because the axle ends are not gnurled (spelling?) like the Maverick hub. I believe I read somewhere in this forum that Ethan can gnurl a Kink axle to take care of that, and if you get the conversion kit it shouldn't be too much to send him the axle before you install it. Just my .02
    I think the metal on the KING axle is too soft, so thats a no go.