Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    JDM
    mtbr member

Klein palomino parts

My friend's palomino rear shock isn't holding air. Also, the lower linkage has some play. Does anyone know where I can find parts for this bike? I'm not interested in the expensive maverick upgrade, just to get this bike up and running as cheaply as possible.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I am not sure how much cheaper it will be to try and find bushings for the linkage compared to the monolink upgrade. If you want to do it cheap then you should probably find where you can buy seals for the shock. Maverick might tell you what the o-ring sizes are and so forth.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I recently had the same problem with my Palomino shock not holding air. Had the shock serviced but then later found that the body of the shock (magnesium) was cracked and letting out air. I did a temporary fix using sealing tape and an automotive hose clip until I could find and replace the whole body with an aluminum shock. No problems since. Try taking the damper unit out first and cleaning the seals, as explained in the Maverick shock service manuals.

JDM
    mtbr member
    I haven't really taken a close look at the bike yet. I do know that the wiper/seal popped out of this shock at least once. I can't imagine that that wiper is supposed to hold any really pressure so I'm guessing that means that something below it is leaking.

I have an email out to Maverick asking about a seal kit.

I'll have to get off my but and open it up.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    If you clean up the main seal (below the wiper) and then find that the shock is still losing air then be prepared for a cracked body. Mine was cracked just above the air inlet valve, the large protrusion on the front of the shock body. Use soapy water to see air bubbles to confirm. My shock only leaked air with weight on the bike that opened up the crack.

Regarding the monolink, I updated mine to the Maverick when they made that available. Before I did that though, I replaced the bushings once. They have Trek part numbers and may still be stocked in some warehouse in Waterloo, MI. Ask at a Trek dealer.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I was in the same position looking to upgrade (my rear shock was working ok...) and after I did the math it was only a couple hundred $$$ more to find a used actual Maverick frame - in my case a good deal on an ML8. Bar none the ML8 is the nicest bike I've ever owned and one of the nicest riding bikes I've ever ridden. Period.

For example:
    MAVERICK ML7 full suspension mtb frame 4-inch travel XC/Trail bike | eBay

MAVERICK M7 Mountain Bike FOX XTR Disc Only Frame Medium M952 9 speed FS IS | eBay

So for the $400 - 600 on a used ML7 / Durance frame, parts swap from the Palomino over, then sell the Palomino frame for a couple hundred - your friend may only be into the whole project for a couple hundred.

Is it some work? yes. Is it worth it? Overwhelmingly yes.

gigidy gigidy
    Jun 2004
    I may have some bits depending on what you need. The Maverick link is discontinued. An extremely worthwhile upgrade. I'm getting ready to sell my frame, would rather do so as a package, but if you know what you need let me know, maybe I can help.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    re: musicguy. Interested in the rear linkage or possibly the whole frame. Have a 2003 Palomino with the original Klein setup that has a lot of slop in it. What size and year to you have?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

palomino-maverick link

hey music Guy, do you have the maverick link and are willing to part with it. I am seriously desperate for it. Please text me @ 847-650-8068 or anyone that may have it. I am in Illinois near chicago

mtbr member
    I have a Klein/Trek Palomino monolink(not Maverick) and bushings that I took off my Palomino.
    Let me know if any one is interested. Make me an offer.

gigidy gigidy
    Jun 2004
    I have original link in good shape and a Maverick that some of the threads are a little tired, but maybe useable and/or fixable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Is the maverick the linkage upgrade for the palomino? Please text @ (847)658-8068

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    If anyone needs the maverick upgrades let me know. I have a couple that are brand new that I never installed.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by gtwnu View Post
    If anyone needs the maverick upgrades let me know. I have a couple that are brand new that I never installed.
    Still gots?

Cheers!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Grrr...

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter1 View Post
    Still gots?

Cheers!
    Need 10 posts to send a PM....ugh...

gigidy gigidy
    Jun 2004
    sorry-just saw this-I'm afraid it's gone now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Thanks anyway!

If anybody has access to one of these, reply!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

New Maverick Monolinks

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter1 View Post
    Thanks anyway!

If anybody has access to one of these, reply!

I recently upgraded the original magnesium link on my Maverick ML7 to the newer/latest alloy one. Ethan Franklin had some made and may have still have them available, I believe they will work for the Klein Palomino but I am not 100% sure. Contact him at mavericksuspension@gmail.com.

If you are interested in my old link, shoot me a PM and I will send you a couple of pictures.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Rats. Can't PM yet.

Quote Originally Posted by g_henrys View Post
    I recently upgraded the original magnesium link on my Maverick ML7 to the newer/latest alloy one. Ethan Franklin had some made and may have still have them available, I believe they will work for the Klein Palomino but I am not 100% sure. Contact him at

If you are interested in my old link, shoot me a PM and I will send you a couple of pictures.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    So I'll just clutter up the thread with useless posts.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    They are not useless if they are enabling you to do a PM right?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I like your way of thinking!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Now if I could only remember why I wanted to PM....

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Hi there, I have a ML-7; is there a linkage that will give me more travel and do you have one that I can nick from you?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    @skeeter1 - I just ran into the same thing so now I'll have to post randomly just like you to send a PM...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast