mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Incoming: Durance frame...

Super stoked on this. I was looking at doing some upgrades to my trusty ol' 04' Klein Palomino including the monolink upgrade and found a used Durance frame that I jumped on instead. In the end it was only a couple hundred more than the link would've been so it was a no brainer deal. I've been totally sold on the design, have always read the comments about the "poor mans Maverick" so I couldn't resist.

A few parts will transfer over (XT cranks, XTR rear deraileur, Easton Monkey bars, XT shifters) otherwise the hunt continues for a new wheelset and brakes as was originally planned - and the big fun, searching for a new fork. Besides the obvious DUC choice, any other suggestions? I've been riding the original Fox Float 100rl on the Palomino and love those forks, but its probably a bit short on travel for this new frame. Any thoughts on the newer say 2010 Fox Float 150 RLC? pretty sure I need to step it up to a 150 range fork to really get the most out of this frame.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. My riding is typically done within a hundred or so miles of Portland, OR so it includes the obvious St Helens, Gifford Pinchot, Mt Hood, Coast Range trails...going fast is good, the level of air I'm capable / willing to launch is more heckle worthy than magazine cover worthy so I'm not destroying parts, light stuff will survive, probably 180 or less with pack and clothes / shoes on. Not willing to ride nekkid to shave weight. Don't have an unlimited budget - Palomino frame will get sold to help fund some of this. Let me know what you guys think.

Also, big thanks to Banks for the help via email with a bunch of questions when it looked like the upgrade was going to be my best option. The way it worked out is the best option, looking forward to joining the real Maverick Family

Take Chances
    Portland huh. I am a Maverick owner as well and live in North Portland. We should get the steeds together and ride. Shoot me an email. I will PM you in a moment.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    PD, I put a lefty max 140 on my ML7.5. I am riding a size small frame though. My $.02, I am hooked on dual crowns. Had a DUC, and wish I didn't sell it. If you can get beyond the cannondale stuff, and if you have a small stack height ( i think < 137mm), I'd recommend a try.

Cannondale now makes a 1 1/8" adapter for it, but the original comes from project 321.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    can you post pics of your ml7.5 with lefty?

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by clovek
    can you post pics of your ml7.5 with lefty?
    Not mine but I remembered seeing this looks pretty cool, nice work 2na! love that its basically an SS too.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Hey! That is my bike actually. I ran 'Blacky' as a single speed for a while, but then swapped all the parts over to 'Inky' my ML7.5. blacky has a new home and Inky now has gears. I'll get some pics of inky resized and posted on Monday.

Happy trails!

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Man...I've got a sickness, thats all I can divulge at this time Damn Mavericks

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    "Warren" showed up today What an incredibly beautiful frame. Stoked! couple of other things going on - its going to be a great week. The fun begin now.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Inky w/ Lefty

Sorry for the delay. Here are a couple shots of Inky, my 7.5. Currently built as a 1x9 but I may go back to the FSSS concept. Not sure though. Let the good times roll!Incoming: Durance frame...-inky-3-11-2011.jpg

Incoming: Durance frame...-inky-3-15-2010.jpg

Incoming: Durance frame...-inky-4-mtbr-1.jpg