Thread: I Want A Duc36

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

I Want A Duc36

The thought of one of these things is making me loose sleep, go crazy, daydream, and I am experiencing a loss of appetite. Well maybe not the last one, but at least 2 of those.

I want one, when can I have one?

T.W.O.
    Sorry sold out

Schipperkes are cool.
    well, I will tell you that I am 100% Positive, you, we will not be able to get one for 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.

Kaj
    mtbr member
    I've seen them and felt how smooth and stiff they are. Yet to ride one myself, but I know at least a few exist. 2011 should be a good year to get a DUC 36 I bet.

Whenever they get here, I can't wait to ride one.
    Helping folks shred in Boulder & Colorado since 1982 www.fullcyclebikes.com

mtbr member
    Tested in October, Ethan loaned me his ML8 ... I love it !!!
    Maverick ML7.2 / SC32
    Maverick ML7.5
    Maverick Durance / Duc32
    Maverick ML8 / BOS Devile

French Maverick Breeder

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Ah you guys are rubbing salt in a very sore wound!
    I've spent some time on a duc 36 and that is why I am so irritated. You can make one, why not 100?
    Make 5 and send them to magazines to get hype! Maverick is a dying company and we are in the era of carbon nomad's and ibis HD's. People WANT a duc36, they just have to present it to people.

Does anybody have any idea what is holding up this project?

T.W.O.
    I've been waiting since the first time I heard about the Prototype. It's been a few years to say the least

For those who knows, please share the final(rough) verdict
    Travel
    Adjustment
    Weight.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatepedaling
    Ah you guys are rubbing salt in a very sore wound!
    I've spent some time on a duc 36 and that is why I am so irritated. You can make one, why not 100?
    Make 5 and send them to magazines to get hype! Maverick is a dying company and we are in the era of carbon nomad's and ibis HD's. People WANT a duc36, they just have to present it to people.

Does anybody have any idea what is holding up this project?
    Maverick it's 4 persons, only ... then you can't compare with SC. An excellent service, always present to provide advices and help the customers (most of them are completely addicted ). Develop a new product such as a Carbon fork in such conditions is difficult. Anyway, 2011 should be plenty of new products and surprises .... I know Ethan is testing them right now ...
    Maverick ML7.2 / SC32
    Maverick ML7.5
    Maverick Durance / Duc32

French Maverick Breeder

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I didn't mean to compare santa cruz to maverick, I was merely stating that the carbon nomad and the HD are both very popular bikes and a carbon duc36 would suit these rides perfectly. I am a big maverick fan and I am afraid they are missing out a good amount of money by waiting so long to put this fork in production.
    I guess you need money to make money...

The longer a fork takes in production, the higher people's expectations become. By next week i'm going to be expecting a 200mm travel .5lbs fork that builds a berm around every corner for me!
    Hurry up maverick! the expectations by the end of the month are bound to be much worse.

mtbr member
    I ride a maverick, love it, but IMO I would never wait that long for product. Fox has some sweet setups that work fine. If I were you I would just buy an RC 36 or 40 and get out and ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    well i have a 36 and a 40! I ride everyday! kokothemonkey, what should i do now??
    The duc36 is holding up anything, its just a badass product and I want it... as close to now as possible...

bike rider
    I gave up on it a year ago. I got a Fox 180 TALAS.

Look at the DUC32. They sold a lot of them when it was the only player in the category. Now with the Fox 32 150 TALAS it wouldn't sell anywhere near as much. If the DUC 36 had come out when it was first shown at Interbike, Maverick wouldn't be such a small company today. When they finally release it it'll compete with Rockshox and Fox and won't sell enough to keep the company going. Maverick is a dieing company and this fork is gonna die with them.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    there are two aspects which need to be positive about the fork - it has to be notably lighter than the comparative offerings and it has to work first time (no recalls and such).

a bunch of sweeping changes through the maverick line-up would also help.

otherwise, i fear there is some considerable truth in that statement ...

ragetty

btw - i would buy a carbon DUC32 'frame' to upgrade my exisitng fork ...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt
    I gave up on it a year ago. I got a Fox 180 TALAS.

Look at the DUC32. They sold a lot of them when it was the only player in the category. Now with the Fox 32 150 TALAS it wouldn't sell anywhere near as much. If the DUC 36 had come out when it was first shown at Interbike, Maverick wouldn't be such a small company today. When they finally release it it'll compete with Rockshox and Fox and won't sell enough to keep the company going. Maverick is a dieing company and this fork is gonna die with them.
    Amen ....
    Maverick ML7.2 / SC32
    Maverick ML7.5
    Maverick Durance / Duc32

French Maverick Breeder