mtbr member
    Dec 2013

Help needed! Servicing my Trek 69er DUC

I recently bought a used Trek 69er with the DUC32 fork. Now I want to service the DUC fork and did some research on the internet. I found the service manual on the Maverick site, however I also found a pdf for servicing the Travis Brown 69er duc fork. These documents differ from each other.
    - document from maverick site is very complete but for which kind of fork? (26" or 29").
    - document of davis brown 69er duc is very confusing

Not only big differences in ammounts of oil and air pressure (are these realy this big?), but also in how to service the fork (part description is not clear to me). Now I'm lost. I disassembled my fork but don't know which manual to use now for reassembling.

Anyone has experience in servicing the Trek 69er DUC? Any help will be appreciated very much!!!

Schipperkes are cool.
    Where are you located?

That fork is a DUC, set for 29" wheel with the Maverick bottom out spacers and choked to 100mm of travel with some cool innards.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Hi Banks,
    Iḿ located in the Netherlands. I know it's set for a 29" wheel because of the black spacers on top. However in the "Travis brown 69er manual" they are talking about an internal floating piston. I don know how this piston looks like while completely disassembled the fork parts look the same as in the standard manual.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Ok, disassembled my fork completely and now I know what they mean with the Internal Floating Piston as described in the Travis Brown Manual. It's al clear to me now and Iḿ glad I found this addition to the standard duc service manual. If anyone needs information now or in the future, don hesitate to send me a PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lp77 View Post
    Ok, disassembled my fork completely and now I know what they mean with the Internal Floating Piston as described in the Travis Brown Manual. It's al clear to me now and Iḿ glad I found this addition to the standard duc service manual. If anyone needs information now or in the future, don hesitate to send me a PM.
    I'm located in France, Maverick suspension centre. Contact me if ever you need spares or advices.

alpatech@free.fr
    ALPA’TECH Maverick Service Center
    Maverick ML7.2 / SC32
    Maverick ML7.5
    Maverick Durance / Duc32
    Maverick ML8 / BOS Devile

French Maverick Breeder

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Ok thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpamayo View Post
    I'm located in France, Maverick suspension centre. Contact me if ever you need spares or advices.

alpatech@free.fr
    ALPA’TECH Maverick Service Center