mtbr member

Hanging bike vertical causes rebound issues on rear damper

I've been hanging my ML8 from a hook on my garage wall for a while now with no problem.

Until recently, I was hanging it from the rear wheel (rear wheel up). I recently changed my hook configuration and I have started to hang it front wheel up.

It stayed there for a while as I've been traveling lately and unable to ride and when I took it for a ride, it was like there was no rebound control on the rear shock.

To fix it, I had to crank the rebound knob to almost full (max rebound) to get any rebound control, then I backed out to where is was before and everything was fine.

I am wondering if hanging it vertical, wheel up, is making the oil flow and accumulate where it shouldn't be.

Anyone's experienced this besides me?

Denis

Schipperkes are cool.
    I have always hung my Mavericks by the rear wheel, front down, and have not had any problems. Hanging by the front wheel should cause more "problems" with the fork where the air/oil level is inverted. The rear shock should be affected.

When was the last time you had the rear damper overhauled?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by banks
    When was the last time you had the rear damper overhauled?
    Probably 2000 miles ago... it might be time for a rebuild. Do you sell the rebuilt kits? I might as well do th front while I am at it, do you have these to?

Thanks.

Schipperkes are cool.
    Realistically there is not "rebuild kits" for the rear damper, though I can get all thew small orings/etc for ya.
    Front kit is in stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.