Thread: Ebay conundrum

HHL
    Que je suis bete!
    Nov 2004

Ebay conundrum

I noticed a painted-blue Matic frame on ebay and a couple of things have me wondering: there is no date on the head badge; the welds don't look anything like the welds on my 7.3? Any expert input on these items?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by HHL View Post
    I noticed a painted-blue Matic frame on ebay and a couple of things have me wondering: there is no date on the head badge; the welds don't look anything like the welds on my 7.3? Any expert input on these items?

Look on the box it say's Y2007 , You mean this one of course
    New Maverick Matic Large Mountain Bike Frame | eBay

mtbr member
    my legit 2008 durance doesn't have a birth date either ...

HHL
    Que je suis bete!
    Nov 2004

Welds

I'll accept that not all the frames have the year. It just seemed strange, when in the text it said something about name and date on the head badge. Maybe they meant the name lets the company know exactly which frame is being discussed. I still am wondering about the welds. Different factory? Change of philosophy? Cheaper way to leave the welds with no performance loss?

mtbr member
    You are overthinking it. If you like it put a bid on it.
    99% of the problems and questions posted here would be answered if people actually walked into a bicycle shop and asked

mtbr member
    Maverick stopped the "date" part because we did monster runs of head badges at once, so we never knew when they would be used or mounted. Yeah, i was bummed about that, but less i had to engrave!!! I did a gazzilion of those! If you want a custom one we can do that for you!
    Matic welds we're single pass welds, same strength but a little more bead like and cheaper!
    Whether you bid on it or not, good info!