mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Durance 96er? anyone?

considering this build:

09 Durance w/ 100mm travel 29r fork & wheel. should end up the same ride height/HT angle as a 150mm Talas & a 650b that I've run for a bit.

thinking to lighten up the bike and go more XC ish as it climbs so well.

please share your thoughts if you have any experience with this.

cheers, Kevin

mtbr member
    I'm running the DUC32 reduced down to around 100mm with a 29er front wheel. A mate of mine who is a Maverick dealer was able to get some of the technical specs of the Travis Brown mod for the Trek 69er which reduces the axle to crown height down by about 10-15mm. It now sits a little lower for an aggressive feel, but I still get the advantage of the big wheel. The roll over ability of the 29" front wheel is awesome... coupled with probably the best 140mm rear suspension design - it cant be beat !!!

simple
    Ethan @ Maverick runs a 69er and he likes it. I'm hoping to convert mine eventually but I'm waiting to find another of the root beer DUC32 forks to do it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Let me know if you need a 29er maverick front wheel. It has been hanging in my basement for over a year. I tried 69er and found that climbing was adversely impacted. The bike worked much better has designed.