Thread: Duc36 preorders

mtbr member

Duc36 preorders

So I see Full Cycles is taking pre-orders.

I don't get it. Looks just like a copy of my Duc 32, but in carbon. Same 6 inches of travel.

So why should I bother? My Duc 32 works great.

Here is the Full Cycles description.

"CARBON DUC 36
    Comming Soon!!

At a target weight of 4.6 pounds, the 6-inch travel Carbon DUC 36 is one of the stiffest and lightest forks on the market. Testing show the carbon upper structure to be significantly stiffer with an increase in strength that gives the fork pinpoint steering accuracy. The inverted construction constantly bathes the bushings in oil, and gives the fork an active, plush ride. Integrated with the DUC stem and 24/7 front hub, the DUC 36 is suitable for even the most demanding rider and virtually any condition.
    SPECS/OPTIONS

Travel: 6
    Weight: 4.6 pounds
    Intended use: All-mountain / Super-D"

Terry

mtbr member
    that looks like it's been cobbled together out of old and new, the specs direct from maverick are different ...

ragetty

Kaj
    mtbr member
    Thanks for catching that Ragetty, we had mixed in some of the DUC 32 info with our DUC 36 listing. All fixed now.

shovelon, the DUC 36 is targeting the more aggressive trail rider. It will have 150mm or 175 mm travel, internally adjustable.

In the short travel mode it will be the same travel as your DUC 32, but with the larger stanchions and bigger carbon upper it is absurdly stiff. It will also have a new damper and fell plusher and more controlled all around. The penalty is 1/2 pound. For some that will be worth it, for others the DUC 32 will be the better option, or at least not worth upgrading. I for one will be keeping my DUC 32 on my Durance.

In long travel mode, it will be a trail destoyer. An awesome match for a ML8 or other long travel bike, or it will turn a ML7.5 or Durance into a big hit machine.

fyi: fullcycles.com is now part of Full Cycle Bikes in Boulder. So we are right down the road from Maverick, and have been their top dealer for most of the past 6 years. We are real excited to get our hands on the first production batch.
    Helping folks shred in Boulder & Colorado since 1982 www.fullcyclebikes.com

mtbr member
    That's good news Kaj.

I was scratching my head for a while.

Terry

This place needs an enema
    I'm most interested in the 36 for a project bike that will, at times, be ridden with fat (~3.8" Surly) tires.

This can be done, barely, on the DUC. You have to limit the rim width to about 50mm to keep the tire from contacting the sides of the fork legs at ~bottom out.

Can someone at Full Cycle measure the distance between the fork legs on the 36? Lower down on the legs the distance isn't so important--it's higher up as they get fatter that matters.

Any help appreciated. I really like the DUC, but if the 36 had even more tire clearance I'd be all over it.

Cheers,

MC

bikeboatbrewski
    ^^^ Yeah, what he said.

4.0" fully suspended
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    I'm most interested in the 36 for a project bike that will, at times, be ridden with fat (~3.8" Surly) tires.

This can be done, barely, on the DUC. You have to limit the rim width to about 50mm to keep the tire from contacting the sides of the fork legs at ~bottom out.

Can someone at Full Cycle measure the distance between the fork legs on the 36? Lower down on the legs the distance isn't so important--it's higher up as they get fatter that matters.

Any help appreciated. I really like the DUC, but if the 36 had even more tire clearance I'd be all over it.

Cheers,

MC
    I might be able to do that tomorrow night- I thought I saw some specs that indicated it would be tighter clearance. Buddy of mine just got his new sweet ass ml8 with a duc36 just this weekend. If he's cool with it I'll take my 24/7 hub, 50mm uma w/Larry and check it out... cause yeah I'm kind of curious too.

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydoug
    I might be able to do that tomorrow night- I thought I saw some specs that indicated it would be tighter clearance. Buddy of mine just got his new sweet ass ml8 with a duc36 just this weekend. If he's cool with it I'll take my 24/7 hub, 50mm uma w/Larry and check it out... cause yeah I'm kind of curious too.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydoug
    Get some pics too eh

mtbr member
    for the expected $$$ layout for this fork, i'm not sure i would want to ride the fork wthout guards

is that set up for 150 or 175mm?

ragetty

4.0" fully suspended
    Nov 2006
    well here's the photos unfortunately my photgraphy skills suck and more so after having some post-ride Oskar Blues brews.
    Good news 50mm rim fits, I think a 65mm could squeeze in there. Top measurement (right below lower crown) was 3 7/16". Take this with caution this is a pre-production duc36 and was using a tape measure.

Regardless the duc36 looks beautiful and feels buttery. I want one.

Duc36 preorders-img_2688.jpg

Duc36 preorders-img_2689.jpg

Duc36 preorders-img_2690.jpg

Duc36 preorders-img_2691.jpg

Duc36 preorders-img_2692.jpg

Duc36 preorders-img_2693.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Thanks for the pics it looks sweet, but as always it is pre-production. Dadgummit they need to get some post production or just give up the ghost on it.

bikeboatbrewski
    Looks promising. (fingers crossed)

So anyone selling their old duc32 cheap for the upgrade?

zombie freerider
    ^^^
    Hmmm. contemplating an upgrade. I've got one season on my duc, pm me for the deets if ya want

bikeboatbrewski
    PM sent

mtbr member
    Fork looks great. I have one on preorder. Any idea when they will ship?